1888 - 1933 Colonel H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Muhammad Shah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, GCMG (1.1.1931, KCMG 3.6.1916, CMG 1.1.1894), KCVO (10.7.1925). b. at the Old Istana, Sri Menanti, 25th April 1865, eldest son of H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Antah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Nasir ud-din, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Sri Menanti, by his first wife, Cik Halima, Encik Puan Besar, educ. English High Sch, Malacca. Invested with the title of Tunku Putra by his father in 1870, and raised to the title of Tunku Besar in 1882. Succeeded on the death of his father as Yang di-Pertuan ofSriMenanti, Johol, Ulu Muar, Jempol, Terachi, Gunung Pasir and Inas, 22nd October 1888. Concluded a Treaty of Friendship and Protection with the British Crown 18th March 1889, and a Treaty establishing a confederacy of Negri Sembilan comprising of Sri Menanti, Johol, Ulu Muar, Jempol, Terachi, Gunung Pasir, Inas, Rembau, and Tampin 13th July 1889. Installed as Yang di-Pertuan ofNegri Sembilan at the Old Istana, Sri Menanti, 8th December 1889. Acceeded to the treaty establishing the Federated Malay States, together with the rulers of Jelebu and Sungei Ujong, 28th July 1895. Concluded an agreement establishing a new confederation for Negri Sembilan composed of the six states of Sri Menanti, Johol, Rembau, Sungai Ujong, Jelebu and Tampin, 8th August 1895. He was subsequently elected as supreme ruler when the confederation was converted into a unitary state on 29th April 1898, and formally installed as Yang di-Pertuan Besarof Negri Sembilan at the Old Istana, Sri Menanti, 7th May 1898. Mbr Federal Council of Rulers 1898-1933. Hon Col Negri Sembilan Btn Malay Volunteer Infantry (MVI), 18/7/1919-1931. m. (first) H.H. Tunku Chik, Tuanku Ampuan, from the Serting branch of the family. m. (second) H.H. Tunku Halija binti Tunku Muda Chik [Ijah], Tuanku Ampuan (d. at Istana Ampang Tinggi, Kuala Pilah, 26th May 1921), daughter of Y.A.M. Tunku Aminu’llah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Nasir ud-din, Tunku Muda Chik, by his wife, Y.A.M. Tunku Jindai ibni al-Marhum Raja Imam, daughter of Paduka Sri Tuanku Raja Imam ibni al-Marhum Yang di-Pertuan Lenggang, Yang di-Pertuan of Sri Menanti. m. (third) Y.A.M. Cik Rahah binti Tia, Cik Ampuan, a commoner. He d. at the Istana Besar, Sri Menanti, 1st August 1933 (bur. there at the Royal Cemetery), having had issue, four sons:
2) H.R.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Muhammad, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan (s/o Chik) – see below.
3) Y.A.M. Tunku Nasir Alam ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Muhammad, Tunku Laksamana (s/o Rahah), educ. Malay Coll, Kuala Kangsar. Cmsnd as Lieut 3rd (Negri Sembilan) Btn MSVI 1/2/1935, Extra ADC to the High Cmsnr 1935-1937, Private Sec to his brother the YDP 1937-1957, Regent of Negri Sembilan for his elder brother when King 2nd September 1957 to 1st April 1960. Granted the title of Tunku Panglima Besar 24th August 1939, and later prom to Tunku Laksamana. m. (first) at the Istana Besar, Sri Menanti, 24th January 1929, Y.M. Tunku Maimuna binti Tunku Mabang [Maimun], daughter of Y.M. Tengku Mambang ibni al-Marhum Yam Tuan Tuanku ‘Abdu’llah, by his wife, Y.A.M. Tunku Aisha binti al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Tunku Putri, daughter of H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Antah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Nasir ud-din, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Sri Menanti. m. (second) Y.M. Cik Puan Khadija binti Nur ud-din. m. (third) Y.M. Cik Puan Saedah binti Idrus. He d. at Kuala Pilah, 22nd January 1977 (bur. Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), having had issue, seven sons and three daughters:
a) Lieutenant-Colonel Y.A.M. Tunku Dato’ Zubir bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir, Tunku Alang. b. 1932 (s/o Maimun). Assist Rural Development Officer Kuala Klawang 1953, and Port Dickson 1953-1955, Magistrate Perak 1960, Dep ADO Tanjong Malim & Presdt Tanjong Malim Town Council 1959-1963, ADO Batu Gajah 1963-1964, and Kampar 1964-1965, DO Kuala Lipis 1971-1973, retd 1986. Chair Fabiny Leisure Sdn Bhd. Dir Tajo Bhd since 1995. Rcvd: DKYR (18.7.2004), DPTJ (19.7.1992), DPMP (19.4.1988), DNS, AAP, SMS, KMN, PJK of Negri Sembilan, and PJK of Perak, PK, PTD m. at Istana Kadariah, Kuala Kangsar, Perak, 23rd October 1961, Y.M. Tengku Datuk Paduka Hajjah Mariam Khalida binti Tengku Haji Ibrahim Shah, sometime teacher at the Methodist English Sch, rcvd: DPCM, elder daughter of Y.A.M. Tengku Haji Ibrahim Shah ibni al-Marhum Sultan ‘Ala ud-din Sulaiman Shah, TengkuSriWangsadi-Raja, of Selangor, by his wife, Y.A.M. Dato’ Raja Pok Saidat ul-iz binti al-Marhum Sultan Sir Yusuf Izz ud-din Shah, daughter of H.R.H. Maulana Paduka Sri Tuanku Sultan Sir Yusuf Izz ud-din Rathiu’llah Ghafaru’llahulahu Shah ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir ‘Abdu’l-Jalil Nasir ud-din Muhtaram Shah, Sultan and Yang di-Pertuan of Perak ur-Ridzwan, KCMG, OBE. He has issue, three daughters:
i) Y.M. Tunku Dr Nor Ta’ayah binti Tunku Dato’ Zubir, educ. Univ of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur (MBBS 1988), Royal Coll. of Physicians, London (Dip. Medical Rehabilitation 1992), Univ of Strathclyde, Glasgow (dipl. Gait Analysis 2000). ACSM Exercise Specialist 2002, Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine at Gleneagles Intan Medical Centre, Allied Health Programme Co-ordinator at Univ of Malaya Medical Centre.
ii) Y.M. Tunku Marina binti Tunku Dato’ Zubir, educ. Ohio State Univ (BA Music, MBA). Mbr ITM Singers Choir 1987, Choir Adminstrator of the Malaysian National Choir since 1991.
b) Y.M. Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir [Tunku Ma’amar]. b. 11th August 1942 (s/o Maimun). Musician, pianist with “The Amigos” 1962 and with “The Jayhawkers” 1964-1976. m. Hajjah Padzilah binti Tan Sri Ibrahim Manan (b. 29th September 1945), daughter of Y.B. The Hon Tan Sri Ibrahim bin ‘Abdu’l Manan, PSM, SSIJ, SPMJ, PJK, sometime Justice of the Federal Court of Malaysia. He had issue, two sons and three daughters:
i) Y.M. Tunku Indra Iskandar bin Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din [Indera Ma’amar]. b. 30th October 1975. m. Cik Najwa Marliza binti Mansur, younger daughter of Encik Mansur, by his wife, Che’ Puan Laili Hafizah.
ii) Y.M. Tunku Muhammad Nasri bin Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din. b. 2nd May 1978, educ. Univ of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur (BSc 2003). Geologist. Assist Project Co-Ordinator with Equiplus Sdn Bhd 2003, joined International Logging Orogenic Sdn Bhd 2003, trainee Mudlogger offshore in Kelantan 2003 and Japan 2004, Offshore Mudlogger in Kelantan 2004, Snr Mudlogger offshore Turkmenistan in the Caspian Sea 2004-2005, Surveyor at Scientific Drilling International (SDI) since 2005.
i) Y.M. Tunku Mastura binti Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din. b. 6th April 1966, educ. Univ of Wollongong, NSW, Australia (B.Com. 1988). m. 6th April 2006, Encik Ridzuan bin Sheikh. She has issue, one son:
(1) Megat Noah Al Baqi bin Ridzuan. b. at Pantai Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, 18th December 2007.
ii) Y.M. Tunku Intan Mainura binti Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din. b. at Johor Bahru, 14th May 1969, educ. Tun Fatimah Sch, Johor Bahru, Univ Kebangsaan Malaysia (LLB Hons), and Univ of Nottingham (LLM Public Intrnl. Law) and Univ of Newcastle, UK (PhD). Advocates & Solicitor High Court of Malaya, Lecturer at Univ of Technology MARA. Author of “A Legal Framework for the Outer Space Activities in Malaysia” (thesis) and “Practice of Diplomatic Immunities and Privileges” (2004). m. 2nd March 1996, Encik Ruzaif bin Haji Saidin (b. a Alor Star, Kedah, 14th October 1962), educ. Sultan Abdul Hamid Coll, Alor Star, Kedah, Kurringgai High Sch and Univ of NSW (B.Eng. civil 1987), Sydney, NSW, Australia; professional engineer Brd of Engineers Malaysia, MICE (UK), Vice-Presidt Legoland Malaysia Project, Iskandar Dvpt Management Services, Estimating & Coordinating Engineer Unipods LLC in UAE and E.J. Badekabiner (UK) Ltd in Northumberland, Principal Engineer & Senior Project Mngr at HSS Engineering Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) & CMR Project Management (Australia), Head of Building Maintenance at Resorts World Bhd, Project Executive PLUS Malaysia, youngest son of Haji Saidin bin Haji Muhammad Said, by his wife, Hajjah Ridzwan binti Haji Muhammad Noh. She has issue, three sons:
(1) Megat Imran Ruzain bin Ruzaif. b. at Subang Jaya Medical Centre, Selangor, 6th May 1997.
(2) Megat Muhammad Iqbal bin Ruzaif. b. at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 31st January 2006.
(3) Megat Raiyan Ibrahim bin Ruzaif. b. at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 12th July 2008.
iii) Y.M. Tunku Putri Amelia binti Tunku Makmar Nizam ud-din. b. 19th May 1985. Librarian UCTI Library.
c) Professor Y.M. Tunku Chik Melewar bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir [Dr T.C. Melewar]. b. 6th February 195x (s/o Sauda), educ. Univ of Indiana, Bloomington, Indiana (BSc Business), Cleveland State Univ, Ohio, USA (MBA International Marketing), and Loughborough Univ, UK (PhD). Lecturer at MARA Inst. of Technology, Senior Lecturer at De Montfort Univ in Leicester, Lecturer in Marketing & Strategic Management at Warwick Business Sch. in Coventry, Visiting Professor in International Marketing at Groupe ESC Grenoble in France, Professor of Marketing and Strategy at Brunel Univ since 2006. Joint Editor-in-Chief Journal of Brand Management; Mbr. Editorial Advisory Boards of the Journal of Marketing Communications, Corporate Reputation Review, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Corporate Communications, and the Journal of Euro-Marketing. m. at Nottingham, April 1993, Hazel Elizabeth Melewar, née Ives. He has issue, an only daughter:
i) Y.M. Tunku Amy Sofia binti Tunku Chik Melewar. b. at Nottingham, October 1993.
d) Y.M. Tunku Hisham ud-din Shah bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir. b. 1941 (s/o Khadija). Business Mngr with the Guthrie Group of companies, Chair Natural Products Distribution (NPD) Sdn Bhd m. Cik Rose Latiff. He has issue, one son and one daughter:
ii) Y.M. Tunku Hani Ravella binti Tunku Hisham ud-din Shah. m. Encik Shahrieza Shafiz bin Muhammad Sidek Hassan. She has issue, one daughter.
e) Y.M. Tunku Shaha Shah bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir (s/o Khadija). Settled in Klang, Selangor. m. Y.M. Raja Mimi Zahara binti Raja Nazran. He has issue, four sons and one daughter:
i) Y.M. Tengku Shaif ul-Zahrin bin Tunku Shaha Shah [Shaifol] (s/o Mimi Zahara).
ii) Y.M. Tengku Shazmi Nazir ud-din bin Tunku Shaha Shah (s/o Mimi Zahara). m. Che’ Puan Khaizat ul-Zaida binti Ahmad Zaid. He has issue, two sons:
(1) Y.M. Tengku Ezra Iskandar bin Tengku Shazmi Nazir ud-din.
(2) Y.M. Tengku Fahesh Ezairy bin Tengku Shazmi Nazir ud-din.
iii) Y.M. Tunku Don Shahab ud-din bin Tunku Shaha Shah. m. Cik K... binti Ahmad Zaid. He has issue, two sons.
iv) Y.M. Tengku Khair ul-Ridzwan bin Tunku Shaha Shah [Khairil Ridhuan] (s/o Mimi Zahara). m. Cik Andriana binti Adil.
i) Y.M. Tengku Donna Fauzia binti Tunku Shaha Shah (d/o Mimi Zahara). m. Encik Ghazali bin Daud, son of Encik Daud, by his wife, Che’ Puan Khatijah. She has issue, one son.
f) Y.M. Tunku Uzir bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir (s/o Khadija). Author of “Warisan diraja Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus: Majlis Belia Negeri Sembilan”. m. Cik Farraine binti ‘Abdu’llah. He has issue, one son and one daughter:
i) Y.M. Tunku Shawn Farzir bin Tunku Uzir. b. 24th September 1981, educ. St Paul’s Institution, Seremban, La Trobe Univ, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia (dipl. Hospitality), and Univ Toulouse de Mirail, France (BA Hons).
i) Y.M. Tunku Tarita Farzira binti Tunku Uzir. b. 1979, educ. Tunku Kursiah Coll, Seremban, National Univ of Malaysia, London Metropolitan Univ (LLM 2005).
g) Y.M. Tunku Nashar ud-din bin Tunku Laksamana Nasir [Tengku Nasharudin]. b. 4th July 19xx (s/o Saedah). m. 12th February 2005, Cik Puan Nor Azelin binti Mahmud Marzuki (b. 1975). He has issue, one son:
a) Y.M. Tunku Yan Nazihah binti Tunku Laksamana Nasir [Tunku Tekwa]. b. 25th July 1950 (d/o Maimun). Chair Spastic Children’s Assoc of Johor. Dir PNE PCB Bhd since 2001, NSH Group, Tunku Tekwa Holdings Sdn Bhd, etc. m. 1977, Y.B.M. Tunku Dato’ Muhammad Khalid bin Tunku Temenggong Ahmad (b. at Johor Bahru, 17th July 1940; d.s.p. 19th March 1988), youngest son of Lieutenant-Colonel H.H. Tunku Ahmad ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir Ibrahim, Tengku Temenggong, Dep. Chief Minister of Johor, by his first wife wife, Y.M. Ungku Elek Maimuna binti Ungku Ahmad, daughter of Major Y.M. Ungku Ahmad bin Ungku Muhammad Khalid. No issue - see Malaysia (Johor).
b) Y.M. Tunku Mariam binti Tunku Laksamana Nasir Nasir [Tengku Mariam]. b. 25th February 19xx (d/o Saedah).
c) Y.M. Tunku Zauya binti Tunku Laksamana Nasir (d/o Saedah).
4) Y.A.M. Tunku Muhammad Alam Shah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Muhammad (s/o Rahah). Fl 1936. His estates were under a trust in 1951/1957.
1933 - 1960 Colonel H.R.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Muhammad, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, GCMG (1.1.1957, KCMG 14.3.1934). b. at Istana Lama, Sri Menanti, 24th August 1895, second son of Colonel H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Muhammad Shah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, GCMG, KCVO, by his second wife, H.H. Tunku Halija binti Tunku Muda Chik, Tuanku Ampuan, daughter of Y.A.M. Tunku Aminu’llah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Nasir ud-din, Tunku Muda Chik, educ. Malay Sch, Kuala Jempol, Malay Coll, Kuala Kangsar, and the Inner Tmple, London. Barr-at-Law 1928. Granted the title of TunkuMuda of Serting ca. 1912. Attaché Federal Secretariat Kuala Lumpur 1915-1916, cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut Negri Sembilan Btn Malay Volunteer Infantry (MVI) 1915 (as “Lieutenant Muda”), prom Lieut 1916, joined MAS as ADO at Seremban 1921, ADO at Klang 1921-1922, ADO Hulu Selangor 1922-1923, ADO Pegawai Darah 1923-1925, attaché Supreme Court 1925, ADO Tapah 1928-1930, 2nd Magistrate KL 1930-1931, Assist Registrar Ipoh 1931-1932, ADO Kuala Langat 1932-1933, DO Batang Padang 1933. Elected on the death of his father as Yang di-Pertuan Besar, 2nd August 1933. Proclaimed at Sri Menanti, 3rd August 1933. Installed at the Old Istana, Sri Menanti, 25th April 1934. Attented the Coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in London 1937. Acceded to the Malayan Union 14th November 1945 (effective) 1st April 1946 and the Federation of Malaya 21st January 1948 (effective 1st February 1948). Elected as the first Yangdi-PertuanAgung of the independent Federation of Malaya with the style of His Majesty, 31st August 1957. Installed at Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur, 2nd September 1957. Hon Col 3rd (Negri Sembilan) Btn Federated Malay States Volunteer Force (FMSVF), 3/8/1933-1942. Rcvd: DMN (31.8.1958), Silver Jubilee (1935) and Coron medals (1937 and 1953), DK of Brunei (23.4.1959). m. (first) at Singapore, 1919 (div.) Cik Engku Maimuna binti ‘Abdu’llah (b. at Grik, Upper Perak, 28th October 1897; m. second, … Arnold, and d. at Seremban, 20th March 1981, bur. at the Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), née Dulcibella [Dulcie] Campbell, rcvd: BEM, PJK, former nurse at the Government Hospital in Kuala Lumpur, eldest daughter of The Hon Clement Gilroy Campbell (or Clement Kilroy Campbell), sometime Forest Officer, rubber planter and writer, of Raja Alang Estate, Kajang, by his wife, Juliet Ada Roderick, an Anglo-Indian lady. m. (second) at Sri Menanti, March 1921 (div. 1923), Y.M. Tunku Mahar un-nisa binti Tengku Mambang [Maharun] (b. 1905; m. second, Y.M. Tunku Haji ‘Abdu’l Rahim bin Tunku Muda Chik, and d. 5th January 1988, bur. at the Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), daughter of Y.M. Tengku Mambang ibni al-Marhum Yam Tuan Tuanku ‘Abdu’llah [Mabang], of Jelebu, by his wife, Y.A.M. Tunku Aisha binti al-Marhum Tuanku Antah [Esah], TunkuPutri, daughter of H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Antah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Nasir ud-din, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Sri Menanti. m. (third) at Sri Menanti, 21st March 1929, H.R.H. Tunku Kursiah binti Tunku Besar Burhan ud-din, Tuanku Ampuan Besar (b. at the Istana Baroh, Sri Menanti, 16th May 1911; d. 2nd February 1999), educ. Malay Sch, Sri Menanti, and Govt English Sch, Kuala Pilah, invested as Tuanku Ampuan Besar with the style of Her Highness at the Old Istana, Sri Menanti, 21st April 1934, and as Raja Permaisuri Agong of Malaysia with the style of Her Royal Highness at Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur, 2nd September 1957, Founder Women’s Inst of Negri Sembilan, Presdt National Islamic Women’s Welfare Council 1961-1999, and Negri Sembilan Girl Guides Assoc, Patron Women’s Inst of Malaya 1957-1960 and Girl Guides Assoc of Malaya 1957-1960, rcvd: DKNS (1980), DMN (5.6.1980), SMN (31.8.1958), eldest daughter of Y.A.M. Tunku Burhan ud-din ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Tunku Besar. m. (fourth) 1948, H.R.H. Tunku Zaidah binti Tunku Zakaria (b. at Sri Menanti, 27th October 1922; d. 4th February 1989, bur. at the Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), educ. Tuanku Muhammad Sch, Kuala Pilah, granted the personal style of Yang Teramat Mulia (Her Royal Highness) 1965, Vice-Presdt Girl Guides Assoc of Malaya, daughter of Y.B.M. Tunku Zakaria bin Tunku Mabang, by his wife, Y.M. Cik Zamiah, ward of Colonel H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Muhammad Shah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, GCMG, KCVO. He d. at Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur, 1st April 1960 (bur. at the Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), having had issue, three sons and five daughters:
2) Y.A.M. Tunku Ja’afar bin Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman, TunkuMuda, of Serting, who succeeded as H.R.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Ja’afar ibni al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan (s/o Maimuna) – see below.
3) Y.A.M. Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman, Tunku Panglima Besar (cre. 7th July 1961). b. at Kuala Pilah Women’s Hospital, 2nd May 1925 (s/o Maimuna), educ. Malay Coll, Kuala Kangsar, Raffles Coll, Singapore, Kokusai Gakuyukai, Nakamegoro, Japan, and Univ of Glasgow. Interpreter to US 6th Army in Japan 1945, Joined MAS 1952, ADO II Kuala Selangor, DO Rawang, ADC to his father when King 1957-1960, transferred to MCS 1958, retd 1962, MP (Rawang) 1964-1974, Dir Central Sugar Ltd, MacLaine Watson & Co Ltd, McDonald Industries (M) Ltd, Sharikat Kewangan Melayu Raya Bhd, etc. Chair National Construction Co 1963, Melewar Industrial Group, MAA Holdings, Georgetown Holdings, Datuk Keramat Holdings, etc. Presdt Malaysian Assoc of Youth Clubs 1954-1970, Malaysian Youth Council 1966-1972, and Asian Youth Council 1972-1978, Vice-Presdt Malay Coll OBA 1968, Chair & Commodore Royal Lankawi Yacht Club, etc. Rcvd: PSM (5.6.1999), DKYR, PPT (29.3.1963), and GC of the Order of Bernardo O’Higgins of Chile (27.9.1995). m. (first) at Sri Menanti, Negri Sembilan, 22nd April 1946 (div. 1958), Y.M. Tunku Zahara binti Tunku Zakaria (b. at Sri Menanti, 4th March 1924; m. second, Brian Ahmad Hughes, and d. 23rd September 1988), daughter of Y.B.M. Tunku Zakaria bin Tunku Mabang, of Jelebu, by his wife, Y.M. Cik Zamiah, ward of Colonel H.H. Paduka Sri Tuanku Muhammad Shah ibni al-Marhum Tuanku Antah, Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negri Sembilan, GCMG, KCVO. m. (second) at Kuantan, Pahang, 6th August 1959 (div. 30th March 1966), Cik Yah Zain binti ‘Abdu’llah (m. second, Datuk ‘Abdu’l Ghani), née Ho Yu Zin, nursing sister with the Kemaman Medical and Health Office, who converted to Islam on her marriage. m. (third) at Wellington, New Zealand, 30th March 1966 (div. 20th February1970), Kathryn Heather Barbara [Mrs Clemens], MNZM (31.12.2002) (b. 2nd November 1945; m. second, Dr Sidney B. Clemans, of Bethesda, Maryland, USA), née Kathryn Heather Barbara Martin, a New Zealand national, styled Cik Khadija binti ‘Abdu’llah after converting to Islam and during her marriage to Tunku ‘Abdu’llah 1966-1970. m. (fourth) at Istana Besar, Sri Menanti, 21st April 1973 (div. 1991), Cik Engku Chesterina binti ‘Abdu’llah (b. 1943), nee Chesterina Sim Zecha, a former ballerina with the Netherlands Ballet, a lady of Sino-Dutch origin from Indonesia, Hon Dir Dance Arts International (DAI) since 1990. m. (fifth) 10th August 1991 (div. 1996), Cik Engku Maimuna binti ‘Abdu’llah (b. 1954), née Yuko Oshima, a Japanese lady. m. (sixth) 25th April 1997, Y.M. Puan Sri Che Engku Rozita binti Ahmad Bahar ud-din (b. 18th September 1958), Trustee Budimas Charitable Fndn, daughter of Major Tok Muda Ahmad Bahar ud-din bin Datuk Mahmud Akil, a Pahang territorial chief, by his Chinese wife. He d. at Pusrawi Clinic, Kuala Lumpur, 19th August 2008 (bur. at the Royal Cemetery, Sri Menanti), having had issue, six sons and three daughters:
a) Y.M. Tunku Dato’ Sri Iskandar bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah, Tunku Alang (cre. 24th August 2006). b. at Kuala Pilah, Negri Sembilan, 1st January 1947 (s/o Zahara), educ. St.Paul’s Institution, Seremban, Pasar Road English Sch, Kuala Lumpur, St.Thomas’ Sch, Kuantan, St.Michael’s Institution, Ipoh,Clifford Coll, Kuala Kangsar, Sultan Ismail Sch, Kemaman, Sultan Abu Bakar Sch, Kuantan, South West London Coll, and the Univ of Westminster (BSc), London, Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines, and the Univ Strathclyde (MSc), Glasgow, Scotland. Presdt Skal Club of Kuala Lumpur 1982-1984, Rotary Club of Ampang 1985-1986, Malaysian Assoc of Tour & Travel Agents (MATTA) 1983-1989 and since 1998, ASEAN Tourism Assoc 1986-1987, Fedn of ASEAN Travel Associations (FATA) 1986-1987 & since 2003, Group MD Melewar Group, CEO Kasturi Coll International (KCI) since 1988, Chair Neucor Alliance (M) Sdn Bhd 1996, Neucor Holdings Pte Ltd 2001, and Mycron Steel Bhd until 2008, Group Presdt Mitra Kembara Sdn Bhd. Chair Nat Tourism Council of Malaysia 1986-1987, Chair Pacific Asia Travel Assoc (PATA) 1989-1990, Indian Ocean Tourism Org 1998-2000, AEC Business Sch, etc. Dep Dir Universal Federation of Travel Agents’ Associations (UFTAA) since 2002, Dir UFTAA Asia Pacific Alliance (UAPA) since 1999, Dir Melewar Industrial Group (MIG) Bhd, MAA Holdings Bhd, MBf Holdings Bhd since 1983, MBf Corp Bhd, Melewar Group, Mycron Steel Bhd since 2004, AEC Education PLC (UK), etc. Mbr Management Brd Tourist Development Corp of Malaysia 1981-1988, and Malaysian Tourism Promotion Brd since 1999. Fellow Chartered Inst of Marketing (UK), Inst of Admin Management (UK), Inst of Business Admin (UK), and Inst of Marketing Malaysia. Rcvd: SSTM (14.1.2012), DNS (1987), DPTJ (1989), DSN (1986). m. at Singapore, 26th July 1970, Y.Bhg. Datin Maneesah binti Ahmad [Datin Seri Maneesah Tunku Iskandar] (b. at Singapore, 17th December 1948), Trustee Budimas Charitable Fndn, rcvd: DTM (14.1.2011), third daughter of Encik Ahmad bin Dhaffir, by his wife, Cik Puan Ramina binti Som. He has issue, three daughters. He had issue, three daughters:
i) Y.M. Tunku Idalyn Mazura binti Tunku Iskandar. b. 28th March 1977, educ. Hawaii Pacific Univ (BA), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. Exec Dir Mitra Malaysia Sdn Bhd Travel Agents. Chair Pacific Asia Travel Assoc (PATA) Honours Cttee. m. Encik Fazil Khan bin ‘Abdu’l Kadir Khan. She has issue, one son and one daughter:
(1) Putra Mahmud Khan bin Fazil Khan. b. 15th September 2009.
ii) Y.M. Tunku Izrina Mazuin binti Tunku Iskandar. b. 21st August 1982.
iii) Y.M. Tunku Izora Mulaika binti Tunku Iskandar. b. 11th June 1986.
b) Y.M. Tunku Dato’ Kamil Ikram bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. at Istana Persinggahan, Kuala Lumpur, 30th April 1956 (s/o Zahara), educ. Sultan Ismail Sch, Kemaman, Sultan Abu Bakar Sch, Kuantan, Pahang, Bournemouth Coll of Technology (OND 1976 & HCIMA 1978), Dorset, the International Coll of Marketing & Communications (dipl Mktg 1979), Jim Russell Racing Drivers’ Sch, Snetterton, Norfolk, and Boston Univ (MBA 1990), Massachucettes, USA. Opes Assist at the Titik Inn at Cherating in Kuantan 1972-1975, Mgmnt Trainee with Regent Palace Hotel in London 1977 and Chewton Glen in the New Forest 1978, Assist Mngr & Credit Mngr at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Kuantan 1979-1981, Group Ops Dir at Melawar Corp Bhd 1982-1988, General Mngr (Special Projects) at Granite Industries Berhad 1990-1993, MD Melewar Advance Sdn Bhd in Penang and KL 1994-1997, Dir GIT Entertainment Systems Sdn Bhd in Penang 1998-2001, Snr Sales Mngr of Tanjung Rhu Resort at Langkawi in KL 2001-2002, Special Projects Dir at Melawar Corp Bhd, Dir Granite Industries Bhd, TDM Bhd, LEAP Performance Improvement Sdn Bhd since 2003, Mycron Steel Bhd since 2008, Cosmet Sdn Bhd, etc. Assoc Dir (Bus Dvpt) Sutera Harbour Resort & Spa since 2002. MD Ribuan Bakat Sdn Bhd since 2004, and Alunan Pantai Sdn Bhd since 2005. Presdt Negri Sembilan Cricket Assoc (NSCA) until 2008. Rcvd: SIMP (1983). m. (first) at Istana Abu Bakar, Pekan, Pahang, 23rd October 1980 (div. 1985), Y.A.M. Tengku Hajjah Dato’ Aisha Marcella binti Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah al-Mustain Billah, Tengku Putri Sri Kamala (b. 13th November 1959; m. 2nd July 1987, second, Y.Bhg. Dato Muhammad Johan bin Dato Muhammad Yusuf), third daughter of Colonel H.R.H. Paduka Sri Baginda Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah al-Musta’in Billah ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir Abu Bakar Riayat ud-din al-Mu’azzam Shah, Sultan of Pahang, by his wife, H.R.H. Tengku Hajjah Afzan binti Tengku Muhammed, Tengku Ampuan, daughter of daughter of Tengku Muhammad ibni al-Marhum Al-Sultan Sir Ahmad al-Mu’azzam Shah, Tengku Panglima Parang, CBE, sometime Chief Minister of Trengganu. m. (second) 1985 (div. August 2002), Y.Bhg. Datin Arina binti ‘Abdu’llah, née Chuah Kim Keok, daughter of a well-known surgeon in Penang who founded the Penang Medical Centre. m. (third) Y.Bhg. Datin Norhayati binti Ahmad [Amy] (d. August 2009). He had issue, three daughters:
c) Y.M. Tunku Dato’ Ya’acob bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. Bangsar Hospital, Kuala Lumpur, 17th September 1960 (s/o Ho Yu Zin), educ. St John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur, Cheltenham Coll, and The City Univ, London (BSc). Accountant (FCA, MIA). Audit Assist with Price Waterhouse in London 1982-1985, and at KL 1986-1987, Chief Gen Mngr Malaysian Assurance Alliance Holdings Bhd 1987-1999, Group MD & CEO MAA Holdings Bhd 1999-2000 and Chair 2000-2002, Group MD & CEO Melewar Industrial Group (MIG) Bhd since 2002. Chair Mycron Steel Bhd. Dir Melewar Industrial Group Bhd, Melewar Equities (BVI) Ltd, Melewar Equities Sdn Bhd, Malaysian Assurance Alliance (MAA) Holdings Bhd, Malaysian Assuarnce Alliance Bhd, Malaysian National Reinsurance Bhd, Toyochem Corp Bhd, Ithmaar Bank BSC (Bahrain), Khyra Legacy Bhd, Melewar Group Bhd, etc. Chair Budimas Charitable Fndn, National Insurance Assoc of Malaysia (NIAM), and Fed of Malaysia Unit Trust Managers. Presdt Financial Planning Assoc of Malaysia (FPAM). Vice-Presdt Fed of Public Listed Companies (FPLC). Rcvd: DPTJ (1997). m. (first) 8th August 1988 (div. 2004), Cik Angela binti ‘Abdu’llah (b. in the USA, 10th August 1960), née Mary Miyoko Sears, a US citizen. m. (second) Y.Bhg. Datin Ezurin Yusnita binti ‘Abdu’l Malik [Datin Ezurin Tunku Ya’acob] (b. in Penang, 6th June 1972), educ. Sri Aman Secondary Girls Sch, Petaling Jaya, a former model, Trustee Budimas Charitable Fndn since 2001, Dir Khyra Legacy Bhd, Melewar Industrial Group (MIG) Bhd 2005-2009, etc, daughter of ‘Abdu’l Malik bin Muhammad, from Petaling Jaya, originally from Trengganu, by his wife, Cik Puan Zaleha binti Ariffin. He had issue, two daughters by his first wife, and three sons and one daughter by his second wife:
i) Y.M. Tunku Ama’an Khyra bin Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 5th April 2000 (s/o Ezurin).
ii) Y.M. Tunku Oma’an Khyra bin Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 24th August 2002 (twin with his brother Tunku Ima’an) (s/o Ezurin).
iii) Y.M. Tunku Ima’an Khyra bin Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 24th August 2002 (twin with his brother Tunku Oma’an) (s/o Ezurin).
i) Y.M. Tunku Elana Khyra binti Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 22nd March 1992 (d/o Angela), educ. Garden International Sch, Kuala Lumpur.
ii) Y.M. Tunku Leana Khyra binti Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 3rd June 1998 (d/o Angela).
iii) Y.M. Tunku Nadya Khyra binti Tunku Ya’acob. b. at Kuala Lumpur, 30th March 2001 (d/o Ezurin).
d) Y.M. Tunku Yahaya bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah [Yahya]. b. at Kuala Kubu Bahru, 20th August 1961 (s/o Ho Yu Zin), educ. Malay Coll, Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malvern Coll, Worcestershite, The City Univ (BSc 1983), and Birkbeck Coll, London (MSc 1986). Accountant with Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co in London 1986, and MZC-Saatchi & Saatchi in Kuala Lumpur 1986-1988, Exec Dir Central Market KL 1988-1994, MD Metro Vision TV 1994-1997, MD Melawar Parallax Sdn Bhd 1997-2003, Chair Mithril Bhd since 2003, Dir Tajo Bhd, Malaysian Assurance Alliance (MAA) Holdings Bhd, Melewar Group Bhd since 2003, The Melawar Corp Bhd, Mycron Steel Bhd, Khyra Legacy Bhd, etc. Trustee Budimas Charitable Fndn. m. 25th December 1991, Cik Grace binti ‘Abdu’llah [Che Grace Tunku Yahaya] (b. at Petaling Jaya, 2nd August 1960), née Grace Charles. He has issue, one son:
i) Y.M. Tunku Mikael bin Tunku Yahaya. b. at Subang Jaya, Selangor, 17th October 1992, educ. Garden International Sch, Kuala Lumpur.
Tunku Yahaya and his wife Grace have aso adopted a daughter:
e) Y.M. Tunku Halim bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. at Petaling Jaya, 24th October 1964 (s/o Yuzin), educ. St John’s Institution, Kuala Lumpur, Cheltenham Coll, Gloucestershire, Univ of Sussex (BA), Brighton, The City Univ (MSc), and the Inns of Court, London. Barr-at-Law. Employed with Shearn Delamore & Co in Malaysia, IT Legal Counsel with the Oracle Corp in Sydney 1993, settled in Tasmania 2001. Author of “Everything The Condominium Developer Should Have Told You, But Didn’t” (1992), “Condominums: Purchase Investment & Habitat” (1996), “Dark Demon Rising” (1997), “Tunku Abdullah: A Passion for Life” (1998), “Bloodhaze - 15 Chilling Tales from Malaysia’s Prince of Horror and Imagination” (1999), “The Rape of Martha Teoh & Other Chilling Stories” (2000), “Vermillion Eye” (2000), “The Woman Who Grew Horns & Other Works” (2001), “A Children’s History of Malaysia” (2003), “44 Cemetery Road” (2007), “Gravedigger's Kiss” (2007) , “Juriah's Song” (2008), “History Of Malaysia: A Children’s Encyclopaedia” (2009), Joint Author of “The New Golf Paradigm” (2001), etc. m. at Cahaya Melewar, Seremban, 24th July 1991, Cik Suzanne binti ‘Abdu’llah (b. at Petaling Jaya, 14th March 1966), née Suzanne Melanie Best, educ. Haberdashers Aske’s Sch for Girls, and Imperial Coll, London (BSc), employed with Nomura Securities in London, Tokyo and Singapore, Louis Vutton-Moet-Hennessy and Salvatore Ferragamo, daughter of Martin Best. He has issue, one son and one daughter:
i) Y.M. Tunku Kristina Radin Sunna binti Tunku Halim [Kristina Radin]. b. at Sydney, NSW, Australia, 13th August 1996, educ. The Friends’ Sch, North Hobart, Tasmania.
f) Y.M. Tunku Muhammad Shah bin Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. 12th February 2000 (s/o Rozeeta) (twin with his sister Tunku Intan Kursia).
a) Y.M. Tunku Hajjah Marina Ashraf binti Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. at Seremban, 28th September 1952 (d/o Zahara), educ. Government English Girls Sch, Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Sultan Ismail Sch, Kemaman, Trengganu,Tunku Kursiah Coll, Seremban, and the Univ of Reading (BSc Hons 1975), Berks. Scientific Officer at the Univ of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) KL 1976-2000, Senior Scientific Officer since 2000. Presdt Malaysian Assoc of Clinical Biochemists (MACB) 2001-2002 (Sec 1992-2000, Vice-Presdt 2003-2006), and Senior Officer’s Assoc of the Univ Hospital since 1993 (Sec 1985-1992). m. 10th April 1976, Y.Bhg. Dato’ Zulkifly bin Haji Mustapha [Sofi] (b. in Sungai Petani, Kedah, 23rd September 1946), educ. Malay Coll, Kuala Kangsar, Univ of Malaya (B. Econ.), Leeds Univ (MA). and the Univ of Reading (M.Phil), Assoc Professor of Economics Univ Kebangsaan Malaysia, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Economics, Head of the Agricultural & Resource Economics Dept, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Development Science 1984, later Dean of the Faculty, Group Exec Dir Melewar Corp Bhd, Dir MEnergy Bhd, Mycron Steel Bhd, Sumiso (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, Masterconsult Sdn Bhd and Nadi Melewar Group of Companies, Mbr Management Brd Assoc of Development Research & Training Institutes of Asia and the Pacific (ADIPA), Vice-Presdt Agric Economics Soc of South East Asia (AESSEA), Mbr Cttee of Malaysia Agricultural Economics Soc (PETA), and Malaysian Economic Assoc (MEA), Life Mbr Malaysian Inst of Directors (MID), rcvd: DPTJ (19.7.2002), son of Haji Mustapha bin Taib, by his wife, Hajjah Zainab binti Muhammad Hashim. She has issue, one son and three daughters:
i) Mazran Zamani bin Dato’ Zulkifly. b. 27th April 1978, educ. Drake Univ (BSc 2000), Des Moines, Iowa, USA, Escuela de Alta Dirección y Admin (EADA), Barcelona, Spain, and the Univ of Edinburgh Business Sch (MBA 2008), Scotland. Head of Dept of Info Technology at Sepang International Circuit 2001-2005, Mngr Knowledge Info Systems at MMAGNET Systems Sdn Bhd 2005-2007, MD Sofima Corp Sdn Bhd since 2009, Dir of Business Dvpt at Solid Optic Sdn Bhd since 2010. m. Cik Puan Dr Sri Marni binti Zainal Abidin, educ. Univs of Dundee and Edinburgh (dipl Medical Juris 2009), House Officer Kuala Lumpur Hospital 2001-2002, MO Selayang Hospital 2002-2004, RMO (Forensic) Kuala Lumpur Hospital 2004-2006, MD Kuala Lumpur Hospital since 2009, daughter of Encik Zainal Abidin, by his wife, Cik Puan Naemah. He has issue, one daughter:
(1) Myleen Sofia binti Mazran Zamani. b. 2nd November 2009.
i) Mazlina Zairin binti Dato’ Zulkifly. b. 18th June 1981. m. Roshan bin ‘Abdu’llah (b. 1980), né Roshan Mahendran, son of Namasivayam Mahendran, by his wife, Anushiya Devi.
iii) Mazrah Zuraihan binti Dato’ Zulkifly. b. 8th October 1988.
a) Y.M. Tunku Soraya Dakhlah binti Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. 6th August 1967 (d/o Khadija). General Mngr Metrovision City TV Sdn Bhd. m. 2nd March 2007, Encik Sharif Mahdi bin Dato ‘Abdu’l Majid, Y.Bhg. Dato ‘Abdu’l Majid bin Muhammad, sometime Ambassador to the USA and Germany.
b) Y.M. Tunku Intan Kursiah binti Tunku Tan Sri ‘Abdu’llah. b. 12th February 2000 (d/o Rozeeta) (twin with her brother Tunku Muhammad Shah).
1) Y.A.M. Tunku Aida binti al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman. b. 27th May 1920 (d/o Maimuna), educ. Govt English Sch, Kuala Pilah. m. at Sri Menanti, 29th October 1937, Y.M. Tunku Ma’amor bin Tunku Usoh, son of Y.M. Tunku Usoh bin Tunku Ma’asin, by his first wife, Y.M. Tunku Johari. She had issue, one son and four daughters – see above.
3) Y.A.M. Tunku Hajah Bahiya binti al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman [H.R.H. Sultana of Kedah]. b. 24th August 1930 (d/o Kursiah), educ. Seremban Convent, and the Univ of Nottingham. Installed as Sultana of Kedah 20th February 1959. Queen Consort of Malaysia as Raja Permairusi Agong with the style of Her Majesty 21st September 1970 to 21st September 1975, installed at Kuala Lampur 20th February 1971. Chancellor of Univ of Malaya 1972-1986, Hon Dr in Education (Univ of Malaya 1979), Presdt Kedah Women’s Group and "Ikatan Perkhidmatan Perempuan"; Patron Kedah Netball Assoc., Kedah Orchid Soc, Kedah Children’s Welfare Soc, Kedah Family Planning Assoc, Kedah Blood Donation Body, the Muslim Women Welfare Brd, Kulim Lioness Club, Univ Utara Malaysia Graduates’ Assoc, Nottingham Univ Assoc, Kedah Soc for the Handicapped, Kedah Thallassaemia Org, Sekolah Menengah Sultanah Bahiyah, Sultana Bahiyah Fndn, etc. rcvd: DKH (x.1.1976), DK (29.2.1964), and SPMK (19.2.1971) of Kedah, DK of Kelantan, and Negri Sembilan (x.8.1996), DK 1st class of Johore (x.2.1989), DMN (19.2.1971, SMN 19.2.1959), of Malaysia, GC of the Orders of the Sacred Treasure of Japan (29.2.1970), and Chula Chom Klao of Thailand (1973), the Star of Mahaputra 1st class of Indonesia (16.3.1970), and the Order of the Pleiades 1st class of Iran (1974). m. at the Istana Besar, Sri Menanti, 9th March 1956, Colonel H.R.H. al-Sultan al-Mu’tasimu Billahi Muhib ud-din Alhaj ‘Abdu’l Halim Mu’azzam Shah ibni al-Marhum Sultan Badlishah, Sultan of Kedah, GCB, KStJ (b. 28th November 1927), second son of Colonel H.H. Sultan Badlishah ibni al-Marhum Sultan ‘Abdu’l Hamid Halim Shah, Sultan of Kedah, KCMG, KBE, by his first, Tengku Sofia binti Tunku Mahmud, daughter of Colonel H.H. Tunku Mahmud ibni al-Marhum Sultan Ahmad Taj ud-din Mukarram Shah, KBE, CMG, Regent of Kedah. She d. at Istana Kuala Chegar, Istana Anak Bukit, 24th August 2003 (bur. Royal Mausoleum, Langgar), having had issue, three daughters – see Malaysia (Kedah).
4) H.H. Tunku Hajjah Shahariah binti al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman. b. at Banting, Selangor, 8th April 1932 (d/o Kursiah). Presdt Johor Bahru Speakers’ Club. Rcvd: DK II, DKYR (19.7.1992), PIS 2nd class (28.10.1960). m. at the Istana Besar, Sri Menanti, 25th October 1956, Y.A.M. Tunku ‘Abdu’l Rahman ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir Ismail, Tengku Bendahara (b. at Johor Bahru, 25th November 1933; d. there, 12th July 1989), second son of Colonel H.R.H. Paduka Sri Sultan Sir Ismail ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir Ibrahim, Sultan of Johor, KBE, CMG, by his second wife, Ungku Maimuna. She had issue, an only son – see Malaysia (Johor).
5) Y.A.M. Tunku Noraida Zakia binti al-Marhum Tuanku ‘Abdu’l Rahman. b. 6th December 1950 (d/o Zaidah). Medical Librarian at Univ of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. m. (div.) Encik ‘Abdu’l Rahim bin ‘Abdu’l Manaf. She had issue, one daughter: