1913 - 1946 Lieutenant-Colonel H.H. Swasti Shri 1008 Badrish Charya Prayana Garh-Rajya Mahi Mahendra Dharam, Vaibhav Dharam Rakshah Shiromani Shri 108 Maharaja Sir Narendra Shah Sahib Bahadur, Maharaja of Tehri Garhwal, KCSI (1.1.1932, CSI 2.1.1922). b. at Pratap Nagar, 3rd August 1898, only son of H.H. Swasti Sri 1008 Badrish Charya Prayana Garh-Rajya Mahi Mahendra Dharam, Vaibhav Dharam Rakshah Shiromani Shri 108 Raja Sir Kirti Shah Sahib Bahadur, Raja of Tehri Garhwal, KCSI, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Nepali Rajya Lakshmi Devi, KIH, educ. Mayo Coll, Ajmer. Became Heir Apparent with the title of Shri Shri Shri Shri Shri Tikka Sahib at birth. Succeeded on the death of his father, 25th April 1913. Installed on the gadi at the Darbar Bhavan, Tehri, 8th December 1913. Reigned under a Council of Regency until he came of age and was invested with full ruling powers, 4th October 1919. Founded his capital at Narendra Nagar. Cmsnd as Hon Lieut British Army 14/6/1916, attached as Hon Officer 18th Royal Garhwal Rifles 14/6/1916, prom Hon Capt 5/10/1919, Hon Maj 18/1/1930, and Hon Lieut-Col 5/5/1937. Abdicated in favour of his only son, 26th May 1946. Retained the personal titles of Maharaja and His Highness, together with a personal salute of 11-guns. He continued his father’s good works, expanding and improving education, building and extending roads, reorganised the courts along modern lines, improved forest management and the revenue system, and enhanced the state finances considerably. Founded several representative institutions including village councils or ‘Panchayats’ in 1921 and local boards or ‘Prant Panchayats’ in 1922. He also instituted a state representative assembly ‘Prabandh Sahayak Samiti’ in 1923, in which non-officials were in the majority. The first laws for the protection of animal and aquatic life enacted in 1929. He also supported gifted students who wanted to further their studies outside the state, and made large donations and an annual grant to Benares University. His state hospitals were equipped with the finest and latest equipment from Europe and America. Hon LLD (Benares Hindu Univ). Presdt Narendra Nagar Red Cross Soc 1934-1946. Patron Hailey Hospital 1925-1946. Rcvd: Silver Jubilee medal (1935), Coron medal (1937), 39/45 Star (1945), and British War medal (1945). m. (first) Keonthal, 27th February 1916 (in a double ceremony with her younger sister), H.H. Maharani Indumati Devi Sahiba (b. at Koti, Keonthal, 1902; k. in a motor crash, 4th February 1934), eldest daughter of Raja Shri Bijaya Sen Bahadur, Raja of Keonthal, by his wife, a daughter of Raja Raghunath Singh, of Guler, in the Kangra district of the Punjab. m. (second) at Keonthal, 27th February 1916 (in a double ceremony with her elder sister), H.H. Padma Bushan Maharani Kamlendumati Devi Sahiba (b. at Koti, Keonthal, 20th March 1903; d. from brain cancer, at Dehra Dun, 15th July 1999), MP (Lok Sabha) for Garhwal District West cum Tehri-Garhwal 1952-1956, Presdt Brd of Trustees of Raja Kirti Shah Trust, Patron World Vegetarian Congress, Mbr Maharaja Narendra Shah Trust, All-India Women’s Conference, Social Welfare Advisory Brd, Indian Council of Child Welfare, Planning Cmsn, author of "Meri America Yatra Ke Sansmaran", "Jeevan Jyoti", etc, rcvd: Padma Bushan (1958), Coron medal (1937), second daughter of Raja Shri Bijaya Sen Bahadur, Raja of Keonthal, by his wife, a daughter of Raja Raghunath Singh, of Guler, in the Kangra district of the Punjab. He was k. when his car plunged down a precipice at night on a journey between Narendra Nagar and Tehri, 22nd September 1950, having had issue, three sons and three daughters:
1) Shri Shri Shri Shri Shri Tikka Manabendra Shah, who succeeded as H.H. Swasti Shri 1008 Badrish Charya Prayana Garh-Rajya Mahi Mahendra Dharam, Vaibhav Dharam Rakshah Shiromani Shri 108 Maharaja Manabendra Shah Sahib Bahadur, Maharaja of Tehri Garhwal (s/o Indumati Devi) - see below.
2) Lieutenant-Colonel Maharajkumar Shri Shardul Bikram Shah. b. at Pratap Nagar, Tehri Garhwal, 29th May 1921 (s/o Kamlendumati Devi), educ. Daly Coll, Indore, Mayo Coll, Ajmer, and Govt Coll, Lahore. Cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut IA 15/4/1943, attached 19th Lancers, IAC and Hodsons Horse, served in WW2 in Burma and SEA, prom. Lieut 15/4/1944, actg Capt 20/7/1944, temp Capt 17/11/1945, Military Advisor to the C-in-C 1947, and the Minister for Defence, retd as Lieut-Col 1948, joined Indian Foreign Service 1948, Second Sec Rome 1949, Ambassador to Ireland 1960-1962, Laos 1962-1965, Ghana, Finland, Spain and Turkey, and Chief of Protocol in New Delhi. Rcvd: 39/45 and Burma stars, British War, India Service (1945), and Indian Independence (1947) medals. m. 11th June 1939, Rani Jaya Rajya Lakshmi Sahiba, third daughter of Lieutenant-General Tunga Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, sometime cdt. Simhanath Paltan, Royal Nepalese Army, by his second wife, Sri Rani Bijaya Rajya Lakshmi. He had issue, five sons:
a) Rajkumar Sagar Bikram Shah. b. at Delhi, 7th January 1941, educ. Scindia Sch, Gwalior. m. at Hyderabad House, New Delhi, December 1966, Kunwarani Mahima Kumari Sahiba (b. 1949), daughter of Raja Todar Shah Hathiya Rai, Raja of Makrai. He had issue, a son and a daughter:
i) Kunwar Nripendra Shah. b. at New Delhi, 10th May 1968, educ. St Columbus Sch, New Delhi. Gen Mngr The Desert Resort, Mandawa. m. at Mandawa, 30th May 1999, Kunwarani Gitanjali Kunwar (b. 1970), elder daughter of Thakur Shri Kesari Singh, of Mandawa, Jhunjunu dist, Rajasthan, by his wife, Thakurani Darshana Kumari, daughter of Rajkumar Shri Ghanshyamsinhji Takhatsinhji Sahib, of Mansa, Baroda, Gujarat.
i) Kunveri Neerja Kumari [Ms Neerja Y. Khatau]. Dir Yuka Plantations Pvt Ltd (YPPL). m. Mr Yudhishthir Dilip Khatau (b. 1969), educ. Wharton Sch of Finance and Economics, Univ of Pennsylvania, USA (BS Econ), Dir Varun Shipping Co Ltd 1994-1999, MD since 1999, Dir Khatau Makanji & Co Pvt Ltd, Yuka Plantations Pvt Ltd (YPPL), Mulraj Khatau & Sons Ltd, VSC International Pte Ltd, Tarun Shipping and Industries Ltd (TSIL), and Presdt. Indian National Shipowners’ Assoc. (INSA), son of Mr Dilip Dharamsey Khatau, of Mumbai, Chair Khatau International Ltd (KIL), by his wife, Mrs Rajni Kumari Khatau.
b) Rajkumar Samar Bikram Shah, VrC (16.12.1971), VM (26.1.1971). b. at Mussoorie, 21st April 1945, educ. Old Buckenham Hall, Brettenham Park, Suffolk, Scindia Sch., Gwalior, and the Jet Training Wing (JTW), Hakimpet (BSc Aero 1965). Cmsnd as Pilot Officer IAF 16/5/1965, served in Indo-Pak War 1965, attached No 27 (Flaming Arrows) Sqd at Halwara 1966-1968, No 28 (Scorpions) Sqd at Hindon 1968-1972, served Indo-Pak War 1970-1971, prom Flight Lieut 1971, attached No 8 (Eighth Pursoot) Sqd. 1972-1973, aerial stunt pilot for the film "Hindustan Ki Ksam" 1973, ADC to the COAS 1973-1975, retd. prematurely 1975 and later settled in South Australia. Rcvd: Samar Seva (1965) and Pashchimi (1971) stars, Sangram (1972), 25th Independence Anniversary (1972), and 9 Years Long Service (1971) medals. m. at New Delhi, 19th May 1967, Ms Persis Mehta (b. at Bombay, 30th September 1943), daughter of Dr Sapal Kaikhushroo Mehta, sometime civil surgeon at Aligarh, UP, by his wife, Mrs Piloo S.K. Mehta. He had issue, two sons and one daughter:
i) Kunwar Shaurya Bikram Shah. b. at Bombay, 15th September 1968, educ. Modern Sch, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, and St Stephen’s Coll, Delhi Univ. Officer in the South Australia Police.
ii) Kunwar Nakul Bikram Shah [Nick Shah]. b. at Bombay, 7th December 1970, educ. Modern Sch, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, and Adelaide Medical Sch, South Australia.
i) Kunveri Shalini Kumari [Miss Shalini Bikram Shah]. b. at New Delhi, 8th August 1978, educ. Modern Sch, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, and Univ. of Adelaide, South Australia (B. Arch. hons). Architect.
c) Rajkumar Sannat Bikram Shah. b. at Delhi, 31st October 1947, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, and St Stephen’s Coll, Delhi Univ (BA 1969). m. at Benares, 26th February 1968, Kunwarani Meera Devi Shah (b. 3rd December 1949), daughter of Prince (Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Shahajada) Hari Bikram Shah [Harihar Raja], of Ramnagar, Bihar, by his wife, Rajkumari Titila Rajya Lakshmi), eldest daughter of Field Marshal H.H. Ojaswi-Rajanya, Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-Tara Om-Ram-Patta Jyotirmaya-Subikhyat-Tri-Shakti-Patta Suprasidha-Prabala-Gorkha-Dakshina-Bahu Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Sir Kaiser Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, GBE, sometime Chief Royal Councillor and Minister for Finance of Nepal. He had issue, three daughters:
i) Kunveri Sneh Kumari.
ii) Kunveri Namrata Kumari.
iii) Kunveri Shreya Kumari.
d) Rajkumar Vigyan Bikram Shah. b. at Rome, Italy, 8th February 1949, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, and Scindia Sch, Gwalior. m. Kunwarani Anju Shah, née Bhandari, from Dehra Dun. He had issue, one son and one daughter:
e) Rajkumar Narvir Bikram Shah. b. at Brussels, Belgium, 5th December 1952. m. at Lucknow, UP, 21st February 1977, Kunwarani Rajyalakshmi Kumari (b. at New Delhi, 1956), younger daughter Raja Shri Pratap Singhji Sahib, Raja of Kuchaman, under Jodhpur Marwar, by his wife, Rani Shrimati Prem Kumari Sahiba, only child of The HonRaja Shri Jagannath Baksh Singh Sahib, Raja of Rehwan, in the Rae Bareli district of UP, sometime provincial Minister for Education. He had issue, a son and a daughter:
i) Kunwar Vivek Raj Shah. b. at New Delhi, 27th January 1981.
i) Kunveri Smriti Kumari [Kunwarani Smriti Kumari Rathore]. b. at New Delhi, 31st March 1979. m. at New Delhi, 2001, Kunwar Nagendra Singh Rathore.
3) Maharajkumar Shri Balendra Bikram Shah [Balendu Shah]. b. 30th October 1922 (s/o Kamlendumati Devi), educ. Mayo Coll, Ajmer, Rajputana. Joined French Foreign Legion 1946, and served in Indo-China, later joined Air India and served as Regional Dir for Hong Kong, MLA for Tehri South cum Pratap Nagar in the UP state assembly 1951-1957, Leader Samyukta Dal Party. First class cricketer for Southern Punjab and UP 1943-1955, who led UP in the 1954 Ranji Trophy. Rcvd: Coron Medal (1937). m. 4th February 1940, Rani Prabha Rajya Lakshmi, youngest daughter of Lieutenant-General Tunga Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, sometime cdt of the Simhanath Paltan, Royal Nepalese Army, by his second wife, Sri Rani Bijaya Rajya Lakshmi. He d. 1999, having had issue, three sons and one daughter:
a) Rajkumar Jai Vikram Shah. b. at Narendra Nagar Palace, 1942, educ. Welham Preparatory Sch, Dehra Dun, Scindia Sch, Gwalior, St St Xavier’s Coll, and Univ of Bombay (BSc), and Liverpool Univ. Marketing Mngr Air-India International 1967-1971, General Mngr GULF AIR for India and S.E. Asia 1971-1981, Regional Mngr for Alitalia for Western India 1981-1992. Presdt NCP for Uttarakhand. Dir Shiv Mahal Palace Hotel Pvt Ltd since 1990. Mbr Willingdon Sports Club (Mbr Disciplinary Cttee 2010-2011), etc. m. 1968, Kunwarani Ujwalaraje Sahiba (b. at Poona, 1946), née Shrimant Rajkumari Ujwala Raje Gaekwad, Dir Shiv Mahal Palace Hotel Pvt Ltd since 1970, only child of Major Shrimant Maharajkumar Udaysinhrao Shivajirao Gaekwad, of Baroda, late Mahratta Light Infantry, by his wife, Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Sharda Raje Gaekwad, née Shrimant Shushula Devi Patankar. He had issue, one son and two daughters:
i) Kunwar Raviraj Vikram Shah, educ. The Doon Sch, Dehradun, and St Xavier’s Coll, Bombay. Dir Shiv Mahal Palace Hotel Pvt Ltd since 1990. m. Kunwarani Smriti Kumari [Smriti Kumari Shah], educ. Sophia High Sch, Bangalore, daughter of H.H. Bharat Dharma Nidhi Raja Shrimant Vikram Singhji Bahadur, Raja of Sailana, by his wife, H.H. Rani Shrimant Chandra Kumari Sahiba, second daughter of H.H. Rukn ud-Daula, Maharajadhiraj Raj Rajeshwar Parama Bhattarak Shri Maharawal Ji Raghunath Singhji Dev Bahadur, Yadukul Chandrawhal, Muzaffar Jung, Bijaimand, Maharaja of Jaisalmer. He has issue, a son
i) Bhanwar Jagat Vikram Shah.
i) Kunveri Nayana Kumari Shah [Nayana Jaivikram Shah]. Dir Shiv Mahal Palace Hotel Pvt Ltd since 1990.
ii) Kunveri Menaka Kumari Shah [Menaka J Shah]. b. 1978. Joined Christie’s London 2006, Client Advisor to Indian and Non-Resident Indian Clients Christie’s Business Development Group and Junior Specialist in Modern & Contemporary Indian Art 2006-2008, Specialist in Modern & Contemporary Indian Art 2008-2009, Dir and Country Head Christie’s India 2009-2013, Dir Shiv Mahal Palace Hotel Pvt Ltd since 2009.
b) Rajkumar Shri Abhaya Vikram Shah. b. at Narendra Nagar Palace, 5th July 1948. Chartered Accountant. Dir Barrington Finance Ltd 1991. He has issue, one daughter:
i) Kunveri Anisha Kumari.
c) Rajkumar Shri Nirbhey Shah. b. 12th April 1954. m. 19th April 1980 (div.), Rajkumari Rajeshwari Kumari Sahiba (b. 26th March 1959), younger daughter of Swasti Shri Raja Mahendra Palji Bahadur Sahib, Raja of Kutlehr, by his first wife, Rani Shrimati Lalita Devi Sahiba, elder daughter of Raja Surendra Singh Sahib, Raja of Baghal. He had issue, one son and one daughter:
i) Kunwar Leeneshwar Shah. b. 9th February 1984, educ. St John’s High Sch, Panjab Univ (B.Com. 2005), Chandigarh, and Indian Inst of Management (MBA 2007), New Delhi. Research Assoc at Transearch 2010-2012, Ops Exec Madira Global since 2012. Dir Balarch Renewable Energy Pvt Ltd since 2014.
a) Rajkumari Kaumudi Kumari [Mrs. Kumu Manvendra Singh]. b. 1945. Special needs teacher with the National Spastic Soc of India. Presdt-in-Chief Naval Wives Welfare Assoc 2001-2004 (Vice-Presdt 2001). m. Admiral Kanwar Madhvendhra Singh, PVSM, AVSM (b. at Chomu, Jaipur, 11th July 1942), sometime Chief of Naval Staff and Chair Chief of Staffs Cttee, son of Major-General Kanwar Bhagwati Singh, of Chomu, under Jaipur, sometime Dir of Infantry and Cdt-Gen Home Guards. She had issue, one son and one daughter - see India (Jaipur-Chomu).
1) Maharajkumari Shri Giriraj Kumari Deiji Sahiba [Maharani Shri Girija Kumari Sahiba, of Gidhaur]. b. at Pratap Nagar, Tehri Garhwal, 1920, educ. privately. m. at the Rajmahal, Narendra Nagar, 1933, Maharaja Shri Chandrachur Singh Bahadur, Maharaja of Gidhaur (b. at Gidhaur, 23rd January 1917; d. 19xx), only surviving son of Maharaja Shri Chandra Muleshwar Prasad Singh Bahadur, Maharaja of Gidhaur, in the Monghyr district of Bihar, by his third wife. She d. 2002, having had issue - see India Zamindars (Gidhaur).
2) Maharajkumari Shri Neelama Kumari Deiji Sahiba [Shrimati Rani Neelama Kumari Sahiba, of Kalakanka]. m. The Hon Raja Shri Dinesh Singh, of Kalakanka (b. at Kalakankar, UP, 19th July 1925; d. at New Delhi, 30th November 1995), sometime Minister for External Affairs, son of Raja Avadesh Singh, of Kalakankar, in Pataparh, UP, by his wife, Rani Lakshmi Kumari Sahiba. She had issue, six daughters.
3) Maharajkumari Shri Shailendra Kumari Deiji Sahiba [Rani Shailendra Kumari Deiji Sahiba, of Lambagraon]. m. at the Rajmahal, Narendra Nagar, 30th January 1943, Raja Dhrub Dev Chand Katoch, Raja of Lambagraon (b. 1926; d. December 1988), eldest son of Colonel Maharaja Sir Jai Chand Katoch, Dhram Rattan, Raja of Lambagraon, KCIE, CSI, in the Kangra district of HP. She had issue, two sons and two daughters - see India Zamindars (Lambagraon).
Maharaja Sir Narendra Shah also had further issue by Jee Gulbadan, one son and three daughters:
4) Thakur Kishore Singh Panwar. He had issue:
a) Thakur Charu Chander Singh Panwar, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. He d. 24th November 2015.
4) Kunveri Masanti Deiji Sahiba [Ma Shanta Deiji Sahiba] [Kanwarani Shanta Devi]. m. Kanwar Jitendra Singh (b. 1922), elder son of Colonel M.R.R. Kanwar Shiv Raj Singh, sometime Prime Minister & Vice-Presdt Sirmur State Council, by his wife, a lady from Tehri Garhwal. She had issue, four daughters - see India (Sirmur).
5) Kunveri Rameshwari Deiji. m. into the Katoch family.
6) Kunveri Hari Deiji. m. into the Katoch family.
Maharaja Sir Narendra Shah had further issue by Jee Krishna Devi, from the Bisht family, one son and two daughters:
5) Thakur Man Singh Panwar. b. 6th April 1935, educ. Welham Boys’ Sch, Dehra Dun, St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, and IMMTS Dufferin, Bombay. Assist Mngr Mercury Travels, General Mngr Indtravels, settled in New Jersey, USA 1970. Mbr The Manorite Alumni Soc. m. 1958, Thakurani Dr Smriti Singh Panwar (b. 5th December 1932), née Smriti Bose, educ. Delhi Univ Sch of Nursing (BSN 1953), Delhi, Boston Univ (MSN 1966), Boston, Massachusetts, and Columbia Univ (M.Ed. 1974, Ed.D. 1977), New York, USA, sometime Assist Professor at Nursing at Columbia Univ Sch of Nursing. He had issue, two sons:
a) Kunwar Madhav Madhav Singh Panwar. b. 15th April 1959, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. Settled in Arlington, Virginia, USA. m. at Clark, Nevada, USA, 9th July 1983, Kunwarani Anita Singh Panwar (b. 1969), née Rawat. He had issue, a son:
b) Kunwar Manoj Singh Panwar. b. 2nd October 1961, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. Snr Mngr with HSBC Technology. m. Kunwarani Rozy [Rosy] Panwar (b. February 1962). He has issue, one son and one daughter:
i) Bhanwar Manav Singh Panwar. b. at Edison, Middlesex Co, New Jersey, USA, 29th March 1992, educ. John P. Stevens High Sch, and Middlesex County Coll, Edison, New Jersey, and Hood Coll, Frederick, Maryland, USA. Employed with Family Service Fndn.
i) Bhanwar Baisa Manika Kumari Panwar. b. at Edison, Middlesex Co, New Jersey, USA, 21st September 1995, educ. John P. Stevens High Sch, Edison, New Jersey, USA. Pre-school Assist at Hood Coll, Frederick, Maryland since 2013.
7) Kunveri Padma Deiji [Rao Rani Shri Padma Devi Sahiba]. b. 2nd August 1933. m. at Narendra Nagar, Tehri, 8th December 1948, Captain Rao Raja Devi Singh (b. at Jodhpur, 28th May 1924; d. 3rd June 2008), late Jodhpur Lancers, only son of Captain Rao Raja Sagat Singhji, MC, late Jodhpur Sardar Risala, by his wife, Rao Rani Lad Kanwar Sahiba, daughter of Lieutenant-General H.H. Saramad-i-Rajha-i-Hindustan, Raj Rajeshwar Shri Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Sir Sawai Madho Singh II Bahadur, Maharaja of Jaipur, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, GBE. She had issue, two sons and two daughters - see India(Idar).
8) Kunveri Sudha Deiji [Rao Rani Vir Bhanu Singh Rathore]. b. 15th June 1936. m. at Narendra Nagar, Tehri, 1948, Rao Raja Vir Bhanu Singh Rathore (d. 2008), son of Rao Raja Mohan Singh, sometime Assist Political Sec of Jodhpur, by his wife, Rao Rani Krishana Kumari Sahiba, daughter of Lieutenant-General H.H. Saramad-i-Raja-i-Hindustan, Raj Rajeshwar Maharajadhiraja Maharaja Sawai Sir Madho Singh II Bahadur, Maharaja of Jaipur, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, GBE. She d. 2009, having had issue, one son and five daughters - see India (Jodhpur).
Maharaja Sir Narendra Shah had further issue by Jee Uma, two sons and one daughter:
6) Thakur Yogendra Singh Panwar. He had issue:
a) Thakur Manish Singh Panwar. b. 28th April 19xx, educ. St George’s Coll, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, Seth Anandram Jaipuria Sch, Ghaziabad, and Lucknow Univ (B.Com. 1994), Lucknow, UP, and Inst of Productivity & Management (MBA 1995). Interior designer, COO at Vernon Corp 1998-2011, Dir of Antarangni Interior Pvt Ltd since 2012. m. at the Defence Services Officers’ Inst (DSOI,) Cawnpore Cantonment, Kanpur, UP, Thakurani Aparna Panwar (b. at Kanpur, UP), Dir Antarangni Interior Pvt Ltd since 2012. He has issue:
i) Kunwar Aryan Singh Panwar.
7) Thakur Dr Niranjan Singh Panwar, educ. Maulana Azad Medical Coll, Delhi Univ (MB BS 1968). Settled in Sydney, NSW, Australia. General Practitioner at Wyoming Medical & Dental Centre, NSW, Australia. m. Thakurani Dr Promila Singh-Panwar, educ. Lady Irwin Sch, Connaught Place, and Maulana Azad Medical Coll, Delhi, India, employed with McKinsey & Co, and General Practitioner at Wyoming Medical & Dental Centre, NSW, Australia. He had issue, two sons and one daughter:
a) Kunwar Samar Singh-Panwar, educ. Knox Grammar Sch, Sydney, NSW, and the Australian National Univ (ANU) (BA, LLB 1998), Canberra, ACT, Australia. Director, Accredited Specialist Criminal Law and Advocate at Conditsis & Assocs 2007-2014, Principal at Panwar Legal since 2014. m. Kunwarani Sallie Anne Panwar, educ. SCEGGS Redlands, and Macleay Coll, Sydney, NSW, Burgmann Coll, and Australian National Univ (ANU) (BA 1994), Canberra, ACT, Australia, Sales Co-Orodinator Mix 106.3 Radio 1995-1997, and Australian Radio Network 1997-2001, registered sole trader 2006-2014, Second-in-Charge Panwar Legal since 2014, daughter of Leonard James Esdaile, of Neutral Bay, North Sydney, NSW, Australia, sometime stock agent, by his wife, Helene Margaret Esdaile, designer and courturier of Sydney, NSW, Australia. He has issue, two sons:
i) Bhanwar Jaidev Singh-Panwar.
ii) Bhanwar Jatin Singh-Panwar.
b) Kunwar Dr Rohan Singh-Panwar, educ. Univ of New South Wales (UNSW) (BSc), and Univ of Technology, Sydney (UTS) (PhD 2008). Professional Officer (OHS & Safety) at the Sch of Biotechnology & Biomolecular Sciences in UNSW, Snr HSE Adviser Univ of NSW since 2010. m. 2011, Kunwarani Dr Catherine Panwar, educ. Univ of Technology, Sydney (UTS) (BSc 2004, PhD 2009), AWARD Sch, and Australian Coll, Sydney, NSW, Australia, Snr Medical Writer Grey Healthcare Group 2010-2012, Snr Medical Copywriter Saatchi & Saatchi Healthcare 2012-2014, Head of Medical Copy since 2014. He has issue, one daughter: