1938 -  Lieutenant-General H.H. Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia, Mansur-i-Zaman, Amir ul-Umara, Maharajadhiraja Raj Rajeshwar, 108 Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan, Maharaja Sir Yadavindra Singh, Mahendra Bahadur, Yadu Vansha Vatans Bhatti Kul Bushan, Maharaja of Patiala, GCIE (1.1.1946), GBE (c 1.1.1942). b. at Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 7th January1913, eldest son of Lieutenant-General H.H. Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia, Mansur-i-Zaman, Amir ul-Umara, Maharajadhiraja Raj Rajeshwar, 108 Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan, Maharaja Sir Bhupinder Singh, Mahendra Bahadur, Yadu Vansha Vatans Bhatti Kul Bushan, Maharaja of Patiala, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, GBE, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Sri Bakhtawar Kaur Sahib Rajomajrewale, educ. Aitchison Coll, Lahore and Police Training Coll, Phillaur. Supt Patiala State Police 1932-1933, Insp-Gen of Police 1933-1935, prom Col Patiala State Forces 1935, cdt 2nd Patiala Infantry1935-1938, served on NWFP and Baluchistan, Sec Dept of Forests and Horticulture 1937-1938. Succeeded on the death of his father, 23rd March 1938. Ascended the gadi, 6th April 1938. Cmsnd as temp Hon 2nd-Lieut IA attached 2nd Royal Btn (Ludhiana Sikhs), 11th Sikh Regiment 1/4/1935-1/12/1935, prom Hon Capt 19/7/1939, served in WW2 1939-1945 in Malaya, N Africa, Burma and Italy, prom Hon Maj 21/7/1942, prom Hon Lt-Col11/7/1944, prom Hon Maj-Gen 15/8/1945, prom Hon Lieut-Gen IA 15/10/1946. Colonel 1st (Skinner's) Horse IA, and Col 2nd Royal Btn (Ludhiana Sikhs), The Sikh Regiment 1/8/1946-1974, Hon Col The Sikh Regt 5/9/1946-1974, Hon ADC to the King-Emperor George VI 25/1/1946-1952. Signed the instrument of accession to the Dominion of India, 15th August 1947. Merged his state into the Patiala and Eastern Punjab States Union 15th July, and served as Rajpramukh thereof from 20th August 1948 to 31st October 1956. C-in-C Patiala State Forces 1938-1948, and PEPSU 1948-1954, Pro-Chancellor and Chancellor Chamber of Princes 1943-1944, Indian delegate UN General Assembly New York 1956-1957, and UNESCO Paris 1958 and Leader of the delegation to FAO in Rome 1959, 1961-1963, 1967 and 1969, MLA Punjab 1967-1968, Ambassador to Italy 1965-1966, and the Netherlands 1971-1974. The GOI amended the Indian Constitution to remove his position as a "ruler" and his right to receive privy-purse payments, 28th December 1971. Chancellor and Chief Patron Khalsa Coll, Amritsar 1933; Chair Punjabi Univ Cmsn 1960-1962, and Horticulture Development Council 1970; Founder and Life Presdt Asian Games Fdn, Presdt Indian Olympic Cttee 1938-1960, All-India Sports Cncl. 1960-1965, and West Asiatic Games Council, of Sikh Educational Conference 1949 (Patiala), 1952 (Delhi) and 1961 (Indore), Guru Gobind Singh Fdn (1967), and Guru Nanak Fdn (1969). Founder of West Asiatic Assoc. Hon Mbr United Service Institution of India. Hon LL.D (Benares Hindu Univ 1939 and Punjab Univ 1949). Rcvd: 39/45 Star, Burma, Africa, and Italy stars, British War, India Service (1945), Silver Jubilee (1935), Coron (1937) and Indian Independence (1947) medals, GC of a Rumanian Order, and six other foreign decorations, GC of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Italy (1966). m. (first) March 1933, H.H. Maharani Sri Mohinder Kaur Sahiba [Bare Seraekilewale Sri Maharani Sahib-ji] (b. October 1914; d.s.p. 200x), née Rajkumari Hemo Prabha Devi, third daughter of Raja Aditya Pratap Singh Deo, Raja of Seraikella, by his wife, Rani Padma Kumari Sahiba, only daughter of Maharaja Ram Chandra Singh Deo, Maharaja of Patna. m. (second) at Chail, 9th August 1938, H.H. Maharani Sri Mehtab Kaur Sahiba [Chote Churalwale Sri Maharani Sahib-ji] (b. at Ludhiana, 14th September 1922), née Mohinder Kaur, educ. Queen Mary's Coll, Lahore, Chair PEPSU Women's Savings Cttee 1953-1957, State Welfare Brd 1954-1955, and Social Welfare Advisory Brd 1957-1960, Presdt Assoc for Moral and Social Hygiene 1965 (Vice-Presdt 1963-1965), etc, MP (Raj Sabha) 1964-1967, MP (Lok Sabha) for Patiala 1967-1971, daughter of Sardar Harchand Singh Jeji. He d. suddenly from heart failure, at The Hague, Netherlands 17th June 1974 (cremated at Shahi Samadhan, Patiala), having had issue (the Yadavindri Brar Sidhu), two sons and two daughters by his second wife:
1) H.H. Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia, Mansur-i-Zaman, Amir ul-Umara, Maharajadhiraja Raj Rajeshwar, 108 Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan, Maharaja Amarinder Singh, Mahendra Bahadur, Yadu Vansha Vatans Bhatti Kul Bushan, Maharaja of Patiala (s/o Mehtab Kaur) - see below.
2) Rajadhiraj Sri Malvinder Singh. b. at Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 20th June 1944 (s/o Mehtab Kaur), educ. at the Lawrence Sch, Sanawar, and the Doon Sch, Dehra Dun. Presdt Chandigarh Golf Club 1996-1998 & 2002-2003; Chair Indo-Pakistan Games Organising Cttee 2004; Convenor INTACH (Patiala Chapter); Mbr Patiala Heritage Soc since 2002, etc. m. 6th June 1968, Rani Harpriya Kaur Sahiba, Mbr. Punjab Pradesh Congress Exec. Ctee. since. 1999, daughter of Sardar Sukhinder Pal Singh Mann, of Mughalchak, and later of Mannawala, Shekhopura dist., West Punjab, by his wife, Sardarni Raminder Kaur. He has issue, two daughters:
a) RajkumariBibiji Amininder Kaur Sahiba. b. 17th March 1969. m. 17th February 1991, Sardar Nirvan Singh Gill (b. 5th May 1962), elder son of Wing Commander Sardar Paramprit Singh Gill, of Layallpur, West Punjab, by his wife, Sardarni Gurramat Kaur. She has issue, two sons:
b) Rajkumari Bibiji Ramneetinder Kaur Sahiba. b. 21st January 1972. m. 28th February 1996, Sardar Vivan Singh Gill (b. at Bareilly, UP, 3rd May 1968), younger Wing Commander Sardar Paramprit Singh Gill, of Layallpur, West Punjab, by his wife, Sardarni Gurramat Kaur. She has issue, two daughters:
i) Mehtab Kaur.
ii) Sahiba Kaur.
1) Maharajkumari Bibiji Heminder Kumari Sahiba. b. at Ranbïr Villa Palace, Chail, 1st June 1939 (d/o Mehtab Kaur). m. 21st August 1967, Padma BushanKanwarShri Natwar Singh (b. at Deeg, Bharatpur, 16th May 1921), educ. Mayo Coll, Ajmer, Scindia Sch, Gwalior; St Stephen's Coll, Delhi; Corpus Christi Coll, Cambridge, and Peking Univ, China, joined Indian Foreign Service 1953, attached to Prime Minister's Secretariat 1969-1971, Ambassador to Poland 1971- 1973, and Pakistan 1980-1982, Deputy High Cmsnr UK 1973-1977, High Cmsnr to Botswana and Zambia 1977-1980, Permanent Sec Ministry of External Affairs 1982-1984, MP (Lok Sabha) 1985, MP (Raj Sabha) since 2002, Dir Air India Ltd 1984-1989, Union Minister of State for Steel, Mines & Coal 1985-1986, Fertilizers 1986-1989, and for External Affairs 1998-1999, Leader Indian delegation to United Nations General Assembly in New York 1987, Presdt UN Conference on Dissarmament & Development 1987, Minister for External Affairs 2004-2005, historian and author of "Maharaja Surajmal" (1981), "Curtain Raisers" (1984), "Profiles and Letters" (1997), "The Magnificent Maharaja" (1998), etc., rcvd: Padma Bushan (1984), fourth son of Thakur Govind Singhji, of Deeg, in Bharatpur State, by his wife, Thakurani Prayag Kaur. She had issue, one son and one daughter:
a) Kanwar Sri Jagat Singh. b. 8th August 1968, educ. the Doon Sch, Dehra Dun, and the Univ of Bristol. MLA Rajasthan state assembly, Gen-Sec All India Youth Congress. m. October 1993 (Arya Samaj rite) (legally registered 1995) (sep. July 2001), Kanwarani Natasha Kaur (b. at Delhi, 1971; d. by suicide after leaping from a seventh floor air-conditioning plant, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Delhi, 17th March 2002), educ. the British Sch, Jesus & Mary Convent, and St Stephen’s Coll, Delhi, sometime teacher at Vasant Valley Sch, daughter of Dr Samir Masri, a Jordanian national, by his wife, Urmila, a Christian lady from South India. He had issue, two sons:
i) Hanut Singh. b. at Delhi, 1995, educ. Sanskriti Sch, Chanakyapuri.
ii) Himmat Singh. b. at Delhi, July 1997, educ. Sanskriti Sch, Chanakyapuri.
a) Kumari Sri Ritu Kaur Sahiba. b. 11th November 1970, educ. the British Sch, Delhi. She d. unm. by suicide, at Vasant Vihar, Delhi, 30th July 2002.
2) Maharajkumari Bibiji Rupinder Kumari Sahib. b. at Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 12th December 1940 (d/o Mehtab Kaur). m. Major Sardar Kawaljeet Singh Dhillon, late Hodson's Horse, IA, son of Major-General Sardar Gurjit Singh Dhillon, IA, by his wife, Sardarni Rajinder Kaur. She had issue, one son and one daughter:
a) Kanwar Sri Harshdip Singh Dhillon. b. 23rd August 1972. m. 8th March 2003, Kanwarani Manvi Kaur (b. 2nd April 1974), daughter of Shri Jyoti Kumar Sinha, by his wife, Rashmi. He has issue, one daughter:
i) Tahira Kaur Dhillon. b. 13th January 2005.
a) Kumari Sri Namrata Kaur. b. 5th March 1975. m. 8th November 2002, Amit Choudhry (b. 9th March 1972), son of Shri Mohan Choudhry, by his wife, Parphullat. She has issue, a daughter:
i) Dia Choudhry. b. 17th April 2005.
Maharaja Sir Yadavindra Singh, had further issue by eight morganatic unions, including:
3) Rajkumar Sri …endar Singh [Ivan]. b. 193x. He d. from the effects of an operation on his liver, 194x.
3) Rajkumari Bibiji Radhesh Kumari Sahiba [Rosemary]. b. 4th January 193x. She d. 28th September 1955.
 Colonel H.H. Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia, Mansur-i-Zaman, Amir ul-Umara, Maharajadhiraja Raj Rajeshwar, 108 Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan, Maharaja Amarinder Singh, Mahendra Bahadur, Yadu Vansha Vatans Bhatti Kul Bushan, Maharaja of Patiala. b. at Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 11th March 1942, eldest son of Lieutenant-General H.H. Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia, Mansur-i-Zaman, Amir ul-Umara, Maharajadhiraja Raj Rajeshwar, 108 Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan, Maharaja Sir Yadavindra Singh, Mahendra Bahadur, Yadu Vansha Vatans Bhatti Kul Bushan, Maharaja of Patiala, GCIE, GBE, by his first wife, H.H. Maharani Sri Mehtab Kaur Sahiba, educ. Lawrence Sch, Sanawar, the Doon Sch, Dehra Dun, National Defence Acad, Kharakvasala and RIMA, Dehra Dun. Cmsnd as 2nd Lieut IA 1/6/1963 attached 2nd Btn, The Sikh Regt, served Indo-Tibet Border 1963-1965, prom Lieut 1964, ADC to GOC Western Command 1965, prom Capt 1965, rsgd 1965, rejoined the colours and served in the 2nd Indo-Pak War 1965-1966, resig 1966, Hon Col The Punjab Regt. Succeeded on the death of his father as Head of the Royal House of Patiala, 17th June 1974. MP (Lok Sabha) for Patiala 1980-1984, Convenor Sikh Forum 1985, MLA in the Punjab state assembly since 1985, for Samana since 1992, State Minister for Agriculture, Forrestry Development & Panchayats 1985-1986, Leader Shiromani Akali Dal Legislative Party 1986-1988, Convenor Shiromani Akali Dal (Panthik) 1991-1992, Chair Shiromani Akali Dal Parliamentary Brd. 1992-1997, and Shiromani Akali Dal (Panthik) 1997-1998, Presdt Punjab Pradesh Congress Cttee (I) since 1998, Chief Minister o f the Punjab 2002-2007. Author "Lest We Forget" (2001). Chair Indian National Trust for Art & Cultural Heritage (INTACH) 1998-2001, Cttee of World Wide Fund for Nature, India (Punjab, HP & Chandigarh) since 1995. Mbr Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), Naval & Military Club (London), Aero Club of India (Delhi), Equestrian Fed. of India (Delhi), India International Centre (Delhi), Indian Parliamentary Group Ex-MP's Assoc. (Delhi), Army Golf Club (Patiala), Defence Officers' Inst. (Patiala), Indian Mushroom Grower's Assoc (Solan, HP), Mushroom Grower's Assoc (Stanford, Lincs), etc. m. at Patiala, 31st October 1964, H.H. Maharani Preneet Kaurji Sahib (b. at Oakland, Simla, 3rd October 1944), educ. Jesus & Mary Convent, Simla, and St Bede's Teachers' Coll, Simla (BA), MP (Lok Sabha) for Patiala since 1999, Chair Patiala Heritage Soc 2002, Harijan Sevak Samaj, State Committee on Female Foeticide, Patiala Division &Urban Planning Authority, and Patiala Polo & Riding Club, Presdt Citizen Welfare Cncl. of Patiala, Mbr Punjab Pradesh Congress Exec Cttee since. 1999, Animal Welfare Brd of India 2000-2001, Punjab Univ Syndicate 2004-2005, Regional Direct Taxes Advisory and SBOP District Level Review Cttees, Dept of Personnel & Adminsitrative Reforms Advisory and Punjab State Bet Areas Advisory Councils, Punjab State Sub Mountain and Kandi Areas Council, Mbr Patiala, New Delhi and Chandigarh Golf Clubs, Forest Hill Golf and Country Club, etc. rcvd: President's Red Cross Medal, younger daughter of Sardar Gian Singh Kahlon, sometime Chief Sec of the Punjab, by his wife, Sardarni Satinder Kaur. He had issue (the Amarindri Brar Sidhu), one son and one daughter:
1) Yuvraj Sri Raninder Singh Sahib-ji. b. at the New Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 2nd August 1967, educ. the Doon Sch, Dehra Dun, and the Univ. of Buckingham, UK. Gen-Sec. Punjab Pradesh Congress Cttee. (PPCC) since 2006. Chair. Prince Raninder Singh Trust. Hon. Mbr. Forest Hill Golf and Country Club, etc. m. at the New Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 3rd January 1995, Yuvrani Sri Rishma Kaur Sahiba,. He has issue, one son and two daughters:
a) YuvrajkumarSri Yaduinder Singh Sahib. b. April 2003.
a) YuvrajkumariBibiji Seharinder Kaur Sahiba.
b) YuvrajkumariBibiji Inayatinder Kaur Sahiba.
1) Maharajkumari Bibiji Jainder Kaur Sahiba [Jaya Devi]. b. at the New Moti Bagh Palace, Patiala, 15th January 1966. m. 20th December 1985, Sardar Bahadur Gurpal Singh Sandhu, of Raja Sansi, adopted son of Major Sardar Bahadur Harinder Singh Sindhanwalia, of Raja Sansi, sometime MLA, and son of Gurpal Singh Sandhu, of New Delhi, by his wife, Yadvinder Kaur. She has issue, two sons - see India Pensioners (Punjab).