1909 - 1923 H.H. Bisam-Samar-Bijojee Mahamopadhyaya Pancha-Srijukta Maharaja Radhakrishnapada Sri Sri Sri Kirit Birendra Kishore Deb Manikya Barman Bahadur, Maharaja of Tripura. b. at Agartala, 3rd November 1883, eldest son of H.H. Bisam-Samar-Bijojee Mahamopadhyaya Pancha-Srijukta Maharaja Radhakrishnapada Sri Sri Yudha Radha Kishore Deb Barman Manikya Bahadur, Raja of Tripura, by his first wife, H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Tulasibati Mahadevi, educ. privately. Invested by his father as Heir Apparent with the title of Sri Jubaraj Goswami Bahadur, 8th February 1899. MSC in charge of Revenue and Political Depts. 1905-1909. Succeeded on the death of his father, 12th March 1909 and was invested with full ruling powers, 25th November 1909. Granted the hereditary title of Maharaja, 1st January 1919. Rcvd: Delhi Durbar medals in silver (1903), and gold (1911). m. six wives, including (first) at Old Agartala, 11th March 1900, H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Arundhata Mahadevi (b. at Kathmandu, 1888; d.20th March 1940), eldest daughter of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana, of Nepal. m. (second) at Allahabad, 30th November 1907, H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Prabhavati Rajya Lakshmi Mahadevi (d. 1910), younger half-sister of his first wife, and fifth daughter of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana, of Nepal, by whom he had issue, two sons and two daughters. m. (third) at Birjunj, 11th August 1910, H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Soumendra Mahadevi (d. at Agartala, 4th October 1913), née H.H. Princess (Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Shahajadi) Ishwari Rajya Lakshmi Devi, daughter of General Prince (Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Adhirajkumar) Narendra Bikram Shah, of Nepal. m. (fourth) H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Jivan Kumari Devi Sahiba, née H.H. Princess (Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Shahajadi) Jibaneshwari Rajya Lakshmi Devi, daughter of Prince (Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Adhirajkumar) Ranendra Bikram Shah, of Nepal, by a lady from the Rana family. m. (fifth) at Allahabad, 14th January 1916, H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani Churamoni Rajya Lakshmi Devi Sahiba (d. at Mussoorie, 16th September 1929), another half-sister of his first and second wives, daughter of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana, of Nepal. m. (sixth) H.H. Sri Srimati Maharani ... He d. at the Royal Palace, Agartala 13th August 1923, having had issue:
1) Raj Kumar Srila-Srijukta …Deb Barman. b. and d. at Agartala, 1903 (s/o Arundhata).
2) H.H. Bisam-Samar-Bijojee Mahamopadhyaya Radhakrishnapada Pancha-Srijukta Maharaja Sri Sri Sri Sir Bir Bikram Kishore Deb Barman Manikya Bahadur, Maharaja of Tripura (s/o the 3rd Maharani) - see below.
3) Captain Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Sailendra Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur alias Karna Kishore. b. at Agartala, 11th March 1913 (s/o the 3rd Maharani), educ. Rajkumar Coll., Raipur.
4) Captain Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Ajjayanta Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur, MC (8.4.1943). b. at Agartala, 9th January 1914 (s/o Jivan Kumari Devi), as Durjay Kishore Deb Barman, educ. Rajkumar Coll, Rajkot and Mayo Coll, Ajmer. Cmsnd as 2nd-Lieut 1st Tripura Bir Bikram Manikya Rifles 29/4/1924, prom Hon Capt 6/4/1937, Officer-in-charge Military Dept 1939, Private Sec to the Maharaja 1939-1943, served in WW2 1939-1943 in the Arakkan operations, Kohima, Defence of India, etc. (rcvd: immediate MC, 39/45 star, Burma star, Defence, War and IGS medal). He was accidentally k. by artillery fire, 19th August 1943.
5) Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Amarendra Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur alias Sukumar. b. at Agartala, 3rd June 1921 (s/o Jivan Kumari Devi), educ. St Edmund’s Coll, Shillong.
6) Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Hemanta Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur (s/o Jivan Kumari Devi), educ. Zilla Sch, Comilla, Calcutta Univ. and Bengal Eng. Coll., Sibpur (BA). Financial Sec. 1947-1949.
7) Captain Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Aditya Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur, educ. Agricultural Coll., Nagpur. Hon. Capt.1st Tripura Bir Bikram Manikya Rifles 4/5/1937, ADC to the Maharaja 1947-1948.
1) Maharajkumari Srila Madhumalati Devi. m. at Agartala, 1st December 1919, Captain Rana Nepal Jang Bahadur (b. at Allahabad, 188x), twelfth son of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana. She had issue, one son - see Nepal (Lambjang and Kaski).
3) Maharajkumari Srila Bindu Bashini Devi. m. at Agartala, 13th May 1925, Thakur Sri Sanwant Singh Sahib, of Jaipur.
4) Maharajkumari Srila Basanta Prabha Devi (d/o the 3rd Maharani). m. at Agartala, 25th November 1925, Raja Gajendra Pal Singh (b. 1909), son of The Hon. Raja Kushal Ral Singh Bahadur, of Kotla, Agra district, UP. She d. at the Schatzalp Sanatorium, Davos, Switzerland, 26th June 1926.
5) Maharajkumari Srila Bibhasprabha Devi. b. 7th February 1911 (d/o the 3rd Maharani). m. at Agartala, 10th March 1928, Major Maharajkumar Sri Subhagsinhji Ranjitsinhji Sahib, Yuvraj of Baria (b. 9th June 1909; d. at Baria House, Bombay, 27th January 1934), eldest son of Lieutenant-Colonel H.H. Maharaol Sri Sir Ranjitsinhji Mansinhji Sahib, Maharaol of Baria, KCSI, by his wife H.H. Maharani Srimant Takhta Kunverba Sahiba, daughter of H.H. Maharana Sri Sir Chhatrasinhji Sahib, Maharana of Rajpipla. She had issue, two sons - see India (Baria).
6) Maharajkumari Srila Sephalika Devi. m. at Agartala, 10th March 1929, Major Rana Jhapat Jang Bahadur, of Allahabad, second son of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana - see Nepal (Lambjang and Kaski).
7) Maharajkumari Srila Srimati Jati Devi. m. at Tripura House, Calcutta, 11th March 1935, Major Manyabara-Nepal-Tara Raja Bodh Jang Bahadur Sahib (b. 18th June 1894; d. at Agartala, December 1946), eleventh son of Commanding-General Sri Sri Sri Maharajkumar Padma Jung Bahadur Rana. She had issue, one son and one daughter - see Nepal (Lambjang and Kaski).
8) Maharajkumari Srila Kamala Prabha Devi. b. at Agartala, 29th January 1915 (d/o Jeevan Kumari Devi). m. at Agartala, her cousin Major Rajkumar Ramendra Kishore Dev Verma (d. at Calcutta, 1975), son of Lieutenant-Colonel Mahamanyabar Maharajkumar Srila-Srijukta Brijendra Kishore Deb Barman Bahadur - see above.
9) Maharajkumari Srila Srimati Jyotsna Devi [Sri Rani Jyotsna Devi Rana]. b. at Agartala, 25th February 1917. m. at Agartala, 1932, Lieutenant-Colonel Rana Yudhistar Jung Bahadur (b. 5th December 1910), late Madras Regt, IA, son of Colonel Rana Jodha Jung Bahadur, MBE, MC, sometime Chief Cdt Tripura State Forces. She had issue, four sons and three daughters - see Nepal (Lambjang and Kaski).
10) Maharajkumari Srila Srimati Mallika Devi. m. at Agartala, 1932, ...
12) Maharajkumari Srila Bina Devi [Rani Niramal Kumarsinghji Sahib]. m. at Ujjayanta Palace, Agartala, 14th December 1940 as his second wife, Raol Shri Niramal Kumarsinhji Bhavsinhji Sahib (b. at Bhavnagar, 2nd August 1914), second son of Colonel H.H. Maharaja Raol Sri Sir Bhavsinhji Takhtsinhji Sahib, Maharaja of Bhavnagar, KCSI by his wife H.H. Maharani Bai Sri Nand Kunverba Sahiba, CI, KIH, second daughter of Thakore Sri Raisinhji Jijibhai Sahib Jadeja, Thakore of Khirasra - see India (Bhavnagar).
13) Maharajkumari Srila Sorashri Devi [Rani Sahib of Udaipur]. m. at Allahabad, 4th May1942, Raja Sri Chandra Chur Prasad Singh Deo, Raja of Udaipur (b. 5th June 1923), né Kumar Sri Tribhuveshwar Saran Singh, adopted son and successor of Raja Sri Chandra Shekar Prasad Singh Deo, Raja of Udaipur, OBE, and third son of Maharaja Sri Ramanuj Saran Singh Deo, Maharaja of Surguja, CBE, by his second wife. She had issue - see India Non-salute (Udaipur-CP).
14) Maharajkumari Srila ... Devi. b. at Agartala, 6th February 1920.
15) Maharajkumari Srila ... Devi. b. at Agartala, 22nd March 1922 (d/o 5th Maharani).
16) Maharajkumari Srila ... Devi. b. at Agartala, 2nd April 1923 (d/o the 6th Maharani).