1940 -  Major-General H.H. Maharaja Sri Sir Jaya Chamarajendra Wodeyar Bahadur, Maharaja of Mysore, GCB (c 1.1.1946), GCSI (1.1.1945). b. at Chamundi Vihar Palace, Mysore, 18th July 1919, only son of H.H. Yuvaraja Sri Sir Kanthirava Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, GCIE, by his wife, H.H. Soubhagyavati Yuvarani Sri Kempu Chelvaja Ammani Avaru, educ. Royal Sch, Lokaranjan Mahal, Maharaja's Coll, and Mysore Univ (BA). Became Heir Apparent with the title of Yuvaraja Bahadur on the death of his father, 11th March 1940. Succeeded on the death of his uncle, 3rd August 1940. Ascended the gadi, 29th August 1940 and was formally installed and anointed, at Jaganmohana Palace, Mysore, 8th September 1940. Signed the instrument of accession 9th August and acceded under certain conditions to the Dominion of India, 15h August 1947. Executed an agreement of merger with India, 23rd January 1950. Installed as Rajpramukh of the State of Mysore 26th January 1950, and continued in that office until 31st October 1956. Governor of Mysore 1st November 1956 to 3rd May 1964, and of Madras 4th May 1964 25th June 1966. Hon Col Queen Victoria’s Own (Madras Engineer Centre) RIE 15/8/1948. Hon Maj-Gen IA. The GOI amended the Indian Constitution to remove his position as a "ruler" and his right to receive privy-purse payments, 28th December 1971. A music scholar and composer of world renown. Chancellor of Karnataka, of Benares Hindu (to 1963) and of Mysore Univs 1940-1974. Chair Indian Brd of Wildlife. Presdt The Philharmonia Consert Soc (London) 1948. Fellow & Presdt Sangeet Natak Acad (New Delhi) 1966-1974. Hon Fellow Trinity Coll. of Music, London (1946). Licentiate Guild Hall Sch of Music. Patron Mysore and Bangalore Race Clubs, Bangalore Turf Club, Mysore Golf Club, etc. Hon LLD Benares Hindu Univ (1942), D. Lit. Annamalai Univ (1955), and Hon D.Lit. Univ of Queensland, Australia. Author "An Aspect of Indian Aesthetics" (1956), "Dattatreya-the Way and the Goal" (1957), "The Quest for Peace: an Indian Approach" (1959), "The Geetha and India Culture" (1963), "Religion and Man" (1965), etc. m. (first) at the Kalyana Mantap, Mysore Palace, 15th May 1938, H.H. Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Satya Premkumari Ju Devi Ammani Avaru (d.s.p. at Jaipur, 1983), daughter of Rao Bhau Pratap Singh Ju Deo Bahadur, Rao of Jigni, in Central India. m. (second) at Mysore Palace, 30th April 1944, H.H. Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Tripura Sundari Devi Ammani Avaru (d. 1982), daughter of Balnanja Raj Urs, an officer in the Mysore State Forces. He d. at Bangalore Palace, 23rd September 1974, having had issue, one son and five daughters by his second wife:
1) H.H. Maharaja Sri Kantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Maharaja of Mysore - see below.
1) Soubhagyavati Maharajakumari Sri Gayathri Devi Ammanni Avaru. b. at Mysore Palace, 10th October 1946, educ. Good Shepherd Convent, and Royal Sch., Lokaranjan Mahal, Mysore. m. at Mysore, 8th Februar 1972, Sardar Kantharaj Basavaraj Ramachandraraj Urs (b. at Mysore, 10th May 1936; d. at the B.M. Hospital, Jayalakshmipuram, Mysore, 29th June 2011), sometime Presdt Jayachamaraja Educational Trust, and Mysore Sports
Club, Chair & Chief Steward Mysore Race Club Ltd, Chair Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wadiyar Sports Club, Trustee Arya Baalika Patashala, and Mysore Race Club Charitable Trust 1983-2011, Dir State Bank of Mysore, Sri Krishna Rajendra Mills Ltd 1964-1980, Mysore Chemicals & Fertilisers Ltd, Mbr Mysore Sports and Century Clubs, Gymkhana Club, Jayachamaraja Wadiyar Golfâ€ˆClub, etc, adopted son of Sardar Kallahalli Basavaraj Urs, and his wife, Soubhagyavati Rajakumari Sri Leelavati Ammanni Avaru, only daughter of Soubhagyavati Maharajakumari Sri Jaya Lakshmi Ammanni Avaru (see above). She d.v.p. from cancer, at Gayathri Vihar, Bangalore, July 1974, having had issue, one son and three daughters:
a) Rajakumar Sri Chaduranga Kantharaj Urs. b. at Mysore, 26th October 1972. Chair & Senior Steward Mysore Race Club Ltd since 2007. m. Soubhagyavati Priyanka Ammanni Avaru,
daughter of Sardar Udaysinh Madhavrao Ghatge, of Akalkot, by his wife, Soubhagyavati Mrinalini Devi Ghatge, eldest daughter of Rajakumar Prithviraj Urs, from the family of Princess Krishnaraja Ammanni (see above). He has issue, one son:
i) Devrat Chaduranga Urs.
a) Soubhagyavati Rajakumari Sri Leela Tripurasundari Ammanni Avaru. b. 11th March 1966, educ. Mysore Univ. m. 26th May 1993, Swarup Anand Gopalaraj Urs (b. 1960), of the Bettada Kote branch of the Urs family. She and has issue, one son and one daughter:
b) Soubhagyavati Rajakumari Sri Kirti Malini Devi Ammanni Avaru [Kumarani Kirti Devi Ammanni Avaru, of Ajaigarh]. m. Kumar Shri Shailesh Vijay Singh (b. 1969), son of Saiwai Nati Raja Shri Mahipendra Vikram Singh Sahib, of Ajaigarh, by his wife, Rani Prabha Kumari Sahiba, daughter of MahaRajakumar Shri Chandikeshwar Saran Singh Ju Deo, of Surguja. She had issue, one son - see India (Ajaigarh).
c) Soubhagyavati Rajakumari Sri Deepa Malini Devi Ammanni Avaru [Kumar Rani Deepa Malini Devi Ammanai Avaru, of Pedapavani]. b. at Mysore, 2nd February 1968. m. at Bangalore, 28th February 1996, Kumara Raja Sri Jaideep Bhale Rao (b. at Madras, 17th July 1964), educ. Madras Univ (B.Com 1985), Dir Kadihai Martial Acad 2000-2009, Presdt Mysore District Karate Assoc, Andhra Pradesh & Karnataka State Karate Assocs, and Treasurer All India Karate-do Fed (AIKF) 2000-2002, son of Raja Sri Raghu Ram Bhupal Bhale Rao, Zamindar of Pedapavani, in the Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh, by his wife, Rani Sri Rajeshwari Devi, daughter of Raja Sri Venkata Rajeshwara Jagapathi Rao, Zamindar Naspur, in the Telangana district of Andhra Pradesh. She has issue, one son and one daughter:
2) Soubhagyavati Maharajkumari Sri Meenakshi Devi Ammani Avaru. b. at Mysore Palace, 17th December 1951, educ. Good Shepherd Convent, and Royal Sch, Lokaranjan Mahal, Mysore.Presdt Princess Acad of Equitation, Bangalore. Mbr Karnataka Social Welfare Brd. m. at Mysore, 197x, Sri Lakshmikantha Raj Urs, Barrister-at-Law. She has issue, a son:
a) Sri Varchuswee SS Raj Urs. b. at Bangalore, 29th July 1981, educ. BA, LLB. Mngr Princess Acad of Equitation, Bangalore.
3) Soubhagyavati Maharajkumari Sri Kamakshi Devi Ammani Avaru. b. at Mysore Palace, 15th July 1954, educ. Good Shepherd Convent, and Royal Sch, Lokaranjan Mahal, Mysore. m. Kumar Shri Atmanayadevsinhji Surendrasinhji Jhala (b. 30th January 1947), youngest son of H.H. Maharana Thakore Shri Surendrasinhji Jorawarsinhji Jhala, Maharana of Wadhwan, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Ba Shri Jaya Kunverba Sahiba, fifth daughter of H.H. Maharaja Thakore Shri Bhojarajsinhji Sahib Bahadur, Maharaja of Gondal. She had issue, one son and two daughters - see India (Wadhwan).
4) Soubhagyavati Maharajkumari Sri Indrakshi Devi Ammani Avaru. b. at Mysore Palace, 13th January 1956, educ. Good Shepherd Convent, and Royal Sch., Lokaranjan Mahal, Mysore. m. Shri Raja Chandra Raj Urs. She had issue, one son and one daughter:
a) Samyukta Lakshmi Devi Ammani Avaru. b. 20th August 1980, educ. (MBA).
5) Soubhagyavati Maharajakumari Sri Vishalakshi Devi Ammanni Avaru [Kanwarani Vishalakshmi Devi Auwa]. b. at Mysore Palace, 196x, educ. Good Shepherd Convent, and Royal Sch., Lokaranjan Mahal, Mysore. Curator Jagan Mohan Palace. m. at Mysore Palace, 1979, Kanwar Shri Gajendra Singh Auwa, photographer, Mngr Tusker Trials wildlife safari, younger son of Thakur Shri Surendra Singh, Thakur of Auwa, under Jodhpur Marwar, by his wife, Thakurani Hansa Kumari Sahiba, eldest daughter of Namdar Shrimant Maharajkumar Shri Narhardevji Vijayadevji Sahib, of Dharampur. She has issue, one son and one daughter:
a) Bhanwar Shri Rudra Pratap Singh Auwa. b. 6th December 1985. m. 10th February 2004, Bhanwarani Deval Kanwar Sahiba, elder daughter of Kunwar Hamnir Singh Sodha, of Amarkot. He has issue, one son.
 H.H. Maharaja Sri Kantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur, Maharaja of Mysore. b. at Mysore Palace, 20th February 1953, only son of Major-General H.H. Maharaja Sri Sir Jaya Chamarajendra Wodeyar Bahadur, Maharaja of Mysore, GCB, GCSI, by his second wife, H.H. Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Thiripura Sundhari Devi Ammani Avaru, educ. Royal Sch, Lokaranjan Mahal, Maharaja Coll, and Sharda Vilas Law Coll, Mysore Univ (MA 1974, LLB), and Trinity Coll of Music, London. Became Heir Apparent at birth and invested with the title of Yuvaraja Sri Kantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar Bahadur. Sometime Lecturer in Political Science at Mysore Univ. Succeeded on the death of his father as Head of the Royal House of Mysore, 23rd September 1974. Ascended the gadi, at the Royal Palace, Mysore, 24th September 1974. MP (Lok Sabha) since 1984. Chair & MD Investments (Pte) Ltd, Sri Venkateswara Real Estate Enterprises (Pte) Ltd, and Mysore International Travel Agency (Pte) Ltd. Patron & Managing Partner Sri Manjunath Packing & Works, Wadiyar Regency Rooms Theatre Complex, Gayathri Enterprises, and Saraswati Enterprises. Chair Sri Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery, Mahevani Lakshammamiavam Educational Trust, and Yuvarani Kempuchelo-Vajammaummani Educational Trust. Presdt Gunamtra Maternity & Child Welfare Centre. Patron Sri Jayachamarajendra Educational Trust. Trustee Mysore Race Club Charitable Trust 1983. Mbr Mysore Sports Club, Bangalore Golf Club, Mysore Race Club, Bangalore Turf Club, Delhi Race Club, Karnataka State Cricket Assoc & Club House, etc. m. at Mysore Palace, 2nd February 1976, H.H. Soubhagyavati Maharani Sri Satya Pramoda Kumari Ju Devi Ammani Avaru (b. 27th October 1954), great-grand daughter of Gopala Raj Urs, of Bettada Kote, Mysore. No issue.