1919 - 1965 Commodore H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Sir Krishnakumarsinhji Bhavsinhji Sahib, Maharaja of Bhavnagar, KCSI (9.6.1938). b. at the Darbargadh Palace, Bhavnagar, 19th May 1912, eldest son of Colonel H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Sir Bhavsinhji II Takhtsinhji Sahib, Maharaja of Bhavnagar, KCSI, by his second wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Nand Kunverba Sahiba, CI, educ. Rajkumar Coll, Rajkot, Brayar’s Prep Sch, and Harrow Sch, Mdsx. Succeeded on the death of his father, 16th July 1919. Ascended the gadi, at the Darbargadh Palace, Bhavnagar, 17th July 1919. Reigned under a Council of Administration appointed by the GOI until he came of age and was invested with full ruling powers, 18th April 1931. Signed the instrument of accession to the Dominion of India, 1947. Merged his state into the United State of Kathiawad 15th February 1948. Governor of Madras 28/1/1948 – 1952. Cmsnd as Hon Lieut, IA 19/6/1937, prom Hon Capt 10/9/1943, prom Hon Lieut-Col 24/12/1945, and Hon Col 15/10/1946. Hon Col The Rajputana Rifles, IA. Hon Cdre 1st Class RIN 15/2/1948. He established the first legislative assembly with limited powers, called the Dharasabha, and introduced a system of self-government in the villages. He introduced an attachment scheme to merge the larger jagirs, reduced the tax burden and reformed revenue collection. Presdt. Shree Nandkunverba Kshatriya Kanya Vidhyalaya 1961-1965, Vice-Patron United Service Institution of India 1948-1952, and Bombay Natural History Soc. Rcvd: Silver Jubilee (1935), Coron (1937), British War (1945), Defence (1945), India Service (1945), and Indian Independence (1947) medals. m. at Agalkam Bungalow, Rajkot, 22nd April 1931, H.H. Maharani Shri Vijayaba Kunverba Sahiba [H.H. Vijayaba Rajamath Sahiba] (b. at Rajkot, 19th June 1910; d. 6th October 1990), Presdt. Mother’s Day (Madras) 1948, Shree Nandkunverba Kshatriya Kanya Vidhyalaya 1951-1961, fourth daughter of H.H. Maharaja Thakore Shri Bhojarajsinhji Sahib, Maharaja Thakore Sahib of Gondal, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Rajkunverba Sahiba, daughter of Rana Shri Banesinhji Sahib, of Vana. He d. at Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar, 2nd April 1965, having had issue, two sons and three daughters: >
1) H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Dr Virbhadrasinhji Krishna Kumarsinhji Sahib, Maharaja of Bhavnagar - see below.
2) Maharajkumar Shri Shivbhadrasinhji Krishnakumarsinhji Sahib Gohil. b. at Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar, 23rd December 1933, educ. Welham’s Sch., Dehra Dun. MLA Gujarat 1967-1971. m. Rani Shri Nalini Kumari Ba Sahiba, daughter of Captain H.H. Maharana Raj Shri Pratapsinhji Amarsinhji Sahib, Maharana Raj Sahib of Wankaner, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Rama Kunveri Sahiba, eldest daughter of H.H. Rai-i-Rayan, Mahimahendra, Maharajadh iraj Maharawal Shri Sir Bijaya Singhji Sahib Bahadur, Maharawal of Dungarpur, KCIE.
2) Maharajkumari Bai Shri Dilhar Kumari Sahiba [H.H. Mahendra Maharani Shrimant Dilhar Kumari Sahiba, of Panna]. b. at Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar, 19th November 1942. m. at the Darbargadh Palace, Bhavnagar, 23rd May 1967, as his first wife, H.H. Mahendra Maharaja Manvendra Singh Ju Deo Bahadur, Maharaja of Panna (b. at Mussoorie, 28th June 1939), elder son of Major H.H. Mahendra Maharaja Narendra Singh Ju Deo Bahadur, Maharaja of Panna, by his wife, H.H. Mahendra Maharani Durga Rajya Lakshmi Kumari Devi, second daughter of Commanding-General Supradipta-Manyabara-Nepal-TaraPavitra-Om-Ram-PattaJyotirmaya-Subikhyat-Tri-Shakti-PattaSuprasidha-Prasidha-Pravala-Gorkha Dakshina-Bahu Maharajkumar Sir Singha Shamsher Jang Bahadur Rana, KBE. She had issue, one son and one daughter – see India (Panna).
3) Maharajkumari Bai Shri Rohini Devi Kunverba Sahiba [Rani Shri Rohini Devi Kunwarba Sahiba]. b. at Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar, before 1958. m. Maharaj Shri Hanwantsinhji Sahib (b. at Bhuj, 1944), youngest son of Colonel H.H. Maharajadhiraj Maharao Mirza Shri Madansinhji Meghrajji Sawai Bahadur, Maharao of Cutch, by his wife, H.H. Kishangarhiwala Maharani Akhand Soubhagyavati Baiji Shri Rajendra Kumariba Sahiba, third daughter of Lieutenant-Colonel H.H. Umdai Rajahai Buland Makan Maharajadhiraj Maharaja Sir Madan Singhji Bahadur, Maharaja of Kishangarh, KCSI, KCIE. She had issue, two sons – see India (Cutch).
1965 -  H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Virbhadrasinhji Krishnakumarsinhji Sahib Gohil [Dr Virbhadra Singhji], Maharaja of Bhavnagar. b. at the Nilambag Palace, Bhavnagar, 14th March 1932, elder son of Commodore H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Sir Krishna Kumarsinhji Bhavsinhji Sahib, Maharaja of Bhavnagar, KCSI, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Vijayaba Kunverba Sahiba, educ. Welham’s Boys Sch and the Doon Sch, Dehra Dun, Samaldas Coll, Bhavnagar (BA), and Bombay Univ (PhD sociology). Succeeded on the death of his father, 2nd April 1965. The GOI amended the Indian Constitution to remove his position as a “ruler” and his right to receive privy-purse payments, 28th December 1971. Trained as an artist and classical musician, specialised in the sitar and a painter in water colours. Author of “The Rajputs of Saurashtra” (1994). Dir Bhavnagar Historical Centre. Rcvd: Coron Medal (1937). m. at Karauli, 12th March 1955, H.H. Maharani Shri Brijrajnandini Devi Sahiba [H.H. the Rajmata of Bhavnagar] (b. at Karauli, 13th June 1940; d. at Lilavati Hospital, Bombay, 5th February 2007), educ. privately, Presdt Shree Nandkunverba Kshatriya Kanya Vidhyalaya 1965-2007, Chair Heritage Hotels of Gujarat, only daughter of H.H. Maharajadhiraj Shri Ghanesh Pal Deo Bahadur, Yadukul Chandra Bhal, Maharaja of Karauli, by his first wife, H.H. Maharani Jas Kunwar Sahiba, daughter of Raja Hamir Singhji, Raja of Khandela Senior, sometime MSC of Jaipur. He d. at Bhavnagar, 26th July 1994, having had issue, an only son:
 H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Vijayrajsinhji Virbhadrasinhji Sahib [Vijayrajsinh Gohel], Maharaja of Bhavnagar. b. 29th April 1968, only son of H.H. Maharaja Raol Shri Virbhadrasinhji Krishna Kumarsinhji Sahib Gohil, Maharaja of Bhavnagar, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Shri Brijraj Nandini Devi Sahiba, educ. Jamnabai Narsee Sch, Bombay, Maharashtra, and Osmania Univ, Hyderabad (BA), Andhra Pradesh. Succeeded on the death of his father as Head of the Royal House of Bhavnagar, 26th July 1994. Chair Vijay Mahal Hotels Pvt Ltd. Presdt Khodiyar Mandir Trust. Vice-Presdt Nandkunverba Girls’ Sch, etc. m. H.H. Maharani Shri Samyukta Kumari Sahiba [Simki], educ. in Bhutan, at the Lawrence Sch, Sanawar, and St Bede’s Coll, Simla, HP (BA), Presdt and Trustee Shree Nandkunverba Kshatriya Kanya Vidhyalaya since 2007, Dir Nilambaug Palace Hotel, and Trustee Shree Khodiyar Mandir Trust, only daughter of Major Thakur Vijay Singh Mankotia, of Tiara, in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, sometime Military Attaché to the King of Bhutan and HP State Minister for Tourism and Law, by his wife, Thakurani Jaishree Kumari, daughter of Raj Kishan Singhji Jhala, of Kunadi, under Kotah. He has issue, one son and one daughter:
1) Maharajkumar Shri Jaivirajsinhji Vijayarajsinhji Sahib Gohil, Yuvraj Sahib of Bhavnagar. b. 27th October 1990, educ. Jamnabai Narsee Sch, and École Mondiale World Sch, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, and Les Roches International Sch of Hotel Management (BBA), Bluche-Crans Montana, Valais, Switzerland. Mngr Nilambagh Palace Hotel. Trustee Khodiyar Mandir Trust. m. at Narain Niwas Palace, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 2nd February 2017, Yuvrani Kritiranjani Kumari Sahiba (b. 20th April 1996), only daughter of H.H. Maharana Shrimant Paranjayadityasinhji Krishnakumarsinhji Sahib [Paranjayaditya Parmar], Raja of Sant, by his wife, H.H. Maharani Mandakini Kumari Sahiba, daughter of Raja Shri Digvijay Singhji Sahib Bahadur, Raja of Raghogarh, sometime Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
1) Maharajkumari Bai Shri Brijeshwari Kunverba Sahiba. b. 16th October 1994, educ. Jamnabai Narsee Sch, and École Mondiale World Sch, Juhu, Mumbai. Trustee Shri Khodiyar Mandir Trust.